HotSync/iSync problem: where is the "iSync conduit"?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by diehldun, Sep 3, 2004.

1. diehldun macrumors 6502a

Nov 15, 2003
    Right now, I am trying to connect my old Palm M505 to my PowerBook via HotSync/iSync. I have sucessfully downloaded Hotsync, but the problem is trying to get HotSync to transfer the syncs to iSync.

When in HotSync, I go under HOTSYNC > CONDUIT SETTINGS

There, I see a list of conduits (address book...), but I don't see the "iSync Conduit", as it says in "iSync Help".

did I download the wrong software? because I clearly don't see the iSync conduit, and for about an hour, have been unable to continue further.

BTW: the Palm is in the dock, connected via USB.

any help would be greatly appreciated!

2. andiwm2003 macrumors 601

Mar 29, 2004
    Boston, MA

you need to download and install: isync conduit 1.2

if the link doesn't work, go to apple/support/downloads and search for conduit. in the results select the Sync Palm Conduit 1.2

you must install this, not only the isync 1.5 application. it is not very well explained in the manuals.

3. diehldun thread starter macrumors 6502a

Nov 15, 2003
    thanks for the help! so I originally throught iSync did everything, but apparently, I have to use iCal and address book in ADDITION to iSync, right?

that's what I've discovered so far...
  4. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

Jun 6, 2003
    Solon, OH
    That is correct. If you wish to use iSync for Palm OS data, you must also be an iCal/Address Book user. If you use some other program for contacs/calendars, such as MS Entourage, check the manufacturer's web site for a Palm Desktop conduit for their software.