House panel backs $45 bln for Iraq

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by zimv20, May 25, 2005.

1. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

link

2. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

3. Thanatoast macrumors 6502a

Thanatoast

yes. i'm surprised that 15 years after the cold war we're spendinq *more* on the military. i'm surprised that the congress is still willing to write blank checks 3 years after we realized the war was a sham. $300 billion so far? how many decades of inspections could that have paid for? i think i'll write a letter demanding that all new 'emegency' spending be offset by corresponding rollbacks of tax cuts.

4. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

Iraq: (n) hole in the sand into which the United States pours money.
    Formerly a sovereign nation under leadership of despot Saddam Hussein. [slang] a disaster; an unmitigated catastrophe, "I pushed the button and it started beeping. I pushed it again and it went all Iraq on me."

5. anonymous161 macrumors 6502

Where the wind comes sweeping down the plains
    See also: Vietnam; Social Security

6. Xtremehkr macrumors 68000

Xtremehkr

:p :p :p :D

7. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

I have been against the Iraqi war from the start. However, I am in support of this because we cannot abandon our young men and women stranded over there by a Republican tyrant [end rant]. WE stuck them there, so WE must support them and that means spending money. However the real way to support them is bringing them home, a gift they better receive soon... :mad:

8. anonymous161 macrumors 6502

Where the wind comes sweeping down the plains
    Forgive me for not being supportive, but no one made them join the military.
    I do agree that we should bring them home but I don't see that happening well, ever.

9. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Though I agree in principle, I know the friends and family that signed up under Clinton and got screwed under Bush still deserve our support. And our pity. It's not their fault our government continues to let them down.

Sadly, I agree.