houston texans

Discussion in 'Community' started by jefhatfield, Aug 8, 2002.

1. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

i admit i made premature expectations for the williams sisters (though both reaching number one in same year) and ichiro (dual al mvp and rookie in same year), but i predict, without any facts to back me, that the houston texans will have a winning season this year

and in three seasons, they will make the playoffs past the first round

granted, this is ambitious and i have never made such a wild predidtion before but i have this strange hunch which is just as mysterious as mel gibson's crop circle;)

ps - and if they ever get a salary cap in baseball, then the boston red sox will win the world series and the yankees will become just another team in contention for the playoffs

when i was in little league, the parents of the strongest players got together, hired the high school coach, and put a dynasty together before the season even started

in the junior little leagues, same professional coach...who almost went pro...and they won the pennant nine out of ten years

this is how the yankees seem to me...everybody good is bought and many of those players end up with steinbrenner's yankees

make a salary cap, and in a decade or so when the current yankee baseball gods are old, then we will see a free for all for the race for the world series:D

2. jefhatfield thread starter Retired

jefhatfield

Re: houston texans

this was in the seventies when the parents were cushy and there was this rampant mate swapping and sleeping around and it was condoned...open marriage and the large scale use of the pill...aids was not around yet...so we think

not like today where swinging is only done with desperate swingers in the free personal ads and done discreetly and with condoms