How 2 convert to MP3 purchased iTunes music?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by flyfish29, Sep 23, 2004.

1. flyfish29 macrumors 68020

flyfish29

Ok, so I got a free USB flash player which I need MP3's for. I have a bunch of purchased songs on iTunes and would like to get them on the flash player. Is there any way legally to get those converted?

Side note: the MP3 player I got for my family buying way too much back to school clothes from JCPenny is a cheapo, but seems to work ok (especially since I can't afford an iPod.) Anyway, the book and box said it was only PC with Pentium compatible, but then it listed OS9 mac compatible. Well, I hooked the thing up to my iMac OSx and it worked great. I really wonder how many products out there on the shelves say they don't work for Mac and really do work. Anyone else come across this?

2. Scottyk9 macrumors 6502a

The only way I know of is to burn a CD of the purchased songs, then rip the CD into mp3 format.

3. flyfish29 thread starter macrumors 68020

flyfish29

will the copyright protection allow me to do this?

It sucks that all I want to do is use a few songs on a lame 64 MB flash player and it is this hard to do.

thanks

4. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

Burning and ripping a CD works. It's not really legal, but it's not something you'll ever get "caught" for, and I say if you pay for the music then you should be able to do whatever you want with it.