How about a Sping-loaded Dock?

Discussion in 'Community' started by medea, Jun 26, 2003.

1. medea macrumors 68030

medea

I just thought of this and sent it to apple via feedback. For convience I keep a folder in my dock that has numerous other folders inside for my documents as I'm sure many others do, but wouldn't it be great if you could hold a file over that folder icon in the dock and it would act as a spring loaded folder in finder and you could easily drop the file in the right folder inside?
    If anyone agrees send feedback as well and maybe we will see it in Panther.

2. cslewis macrumors 6502a

cslewis

3. emw macrumors G4

emw

You might want to check out A-Dock X:

http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/17479

I haven't used it, but it has the functionality you are talking about.

I agree, however, that having it built in to the OS would be great (and probably not that much programming effort). Right now, if you Command-drag an item onto a folder in the dock, it will copy it into that folder (instead of into the dock). If you Ctrl-click on a folder in the dock, you can browse it from the dock. So, Command-Ctrl-drag an item should allow you to place it in whatever sub-folder you want.

But it doesn't. :(

4. MacFan26 macrumors 65816

MacFan26

Yay! That would be a great feature. I have folders in my dock, it'd be a lot easier if they were spring loaded. When were they added to X, was it Jaguar? I remember everyone being so excited about that :D including myself.

5. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

i have requested this damn feature ambitiouslemon setup a site for os x requests. i don't know why they don't do it, i guess it makes to much damn sense. i may have to check out that shareware app.

iJon

6. medea thread starter macrumors 68030

medea

wow, I posted this last year. weird how random threads pop back into life. thanks for the info and such, albeit over a year late. lol.