How about a User Feedback System?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Cross, Aug 23, 2006.

User Feedback Section

1. Very Helpful/Good Idea

2. Don't See the point/No

1. Cross macrumors regular

Jul 14, 2004
    Tucson, AZ
    I know some people trade here and at other sites. Heatware works but honestly I have always liked when there is a user rating right next to the name. (EOC is the first one that comes to mind, PT also has it as does P-E, MX6, etc)

Basically just a way for forum members to leave eachother feedback here.

Some of us trade all over but some spend there time around just a few forums and its easier to just have feedback there.

Just thought someone else might be interested in this idea ^-^
  2. devilot Moderator emeritus

May 1, 2005
    It has been discussed before... I think the general consensus is that buying/selling on MR is a priviledge and just one minuscule aspect of the community. Plus, it leaves room for user abuse.
  3. Cross thread starter macrumors regular

Jul 14, 2004
    Tucson, AZ
    Aww but a little abuse can be fun :p

I thought it might have been but I thought I would ask anyway as nothing seems to recent.

Its good to know when the members your dealing with in the FS section (Yes we all know MR is huge but at some point who has not checked out the FS Section or used it in some way?) esp if they have done a few deals here before and you can see that right away.

Kinda makes u feel like that Gecko for Geico says :p
  4. thedude110 macrumors 68020

Jun 13, 2005
    Just two months ago.

Complete with poll.

You can find several conversations about feedback and reputations here and here as well.
  5. Cross thread starter macrumors regular

Jul 14, 2004
    Tucson, AZ
    Honestly that first one did not come up in my search or I would not have. I am checking it now. I do wish I would have saw that one ^-^

I have not checked the other two yet as I need to finish that one. :D

I see your feelings in the first thread, and I can understand but heres my argument. If its a choice of community and safety then why can I not choose when I want to wear my seat belt? Why is there even a seat belt in my car if I did not ask for it? Its the law but its my car, my life and why should I have it if I don't want it?. (Yes we can really get into this but I think you see my point).

honestly I just think it comes down to:
    How could it hurt us? (I still have yet to see a way)
    How could it help us? (Long standing members and New ones could see prior actions just as with eBay only its here directly, they have traded here with other members)

I think its addition would not hurt us and only serve to help us. Its about making things safe, just like a car.

Most do not always wear a seat belt but they are there. Why are they there? For safety. We have a 100Post min. (No time yet but I do think 6+ months is a great idea) what could this hurt?
  6. imacintel macrumors 68000

Mar 12, 2006
    I think it would be a decent idea.

Just my two pennies.