How about category for older Macs.

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by dpaanlka, Mar 9, 2006.

1. dpaanlka macrumors 601

dpaanlka

I deal mostly with older Macs, being the webmaster for system7today.com as well as powerbookduo.com and the former powerbook3400c.com (now located at danpalka.com/hooper)

I feel like I might be cluttering up categories meant for new-generation Power Macs and PowerBooks when I post threads about older Macs, that many on this forum probably don't know anything about and would rather not see...

How about lumping all older Mac-related threads into a new hardware category, like "Pre-1998 Macs" or "Black and Beige Macs" or something like that?

2. Heb1228 macrumors 68020

Heb1228

I kind of like seeing the older Mac info. I didn't switch until the end of 2003, right around the release of Panther... but I'm such a huge Apple fan now I like hearing about the older stuff too. I say keep it where it is. Mainly for the educational value. But thats just me.

3. dpaanlka thread starter macrumors 601

dpaanlka

True, but I feel like us older generation mac users could become a nuisance (spelling?) filling up categories with stuff like that, thats all.

It's also pretty imposing to be posting about a first generation Power Mac or Quadra in a forum filled with G5 and Intel talk... like the threads would possibly get less attention buried in quickly bumping forum categories like that.

4. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

I don't think your threads will be clutter. Interested people will find them admist the newer computers in the Macintosh Computers forum. You might even find me in there, taking about System 7.6.1 that we still use on some Macs at school.

If you want to talk about collecting old Macs, as opposed to using them, we also have the Apple Collectors forum.

At first glance, I don't think there are enough older-Mac threads to warrant a separate forum, but let's hear some opinions from others too.

5. macEfan macrumors 65816

macEfan

Forbidden, you do not have access to that server
    Maybe Split the Macintosh Discussion section into 2?

g3- g5

Everything Else?

6. Anonymous Freak macrumors 601

Anonymous Freak

Shouldn't that be "G3 - Intel"? :-D