How about Mac games you want for '06 ??

Discussion in 'Games' started by Marathon4ever, Jan 31, 2006.

1. Marathon4ever macrumors regular

I'm sick of these idiotic, unrelated topics in the Mac gaming forum. This is Mac gaming people!!!!

anyways, I want Quake 4, Colin McRae Rally '05, Unreal Tournament 2007, possibly Civilization IV, possibly Heroes of Might & Magic V, and maybe Fable: The Lost Chapters. (there's a conditional on that last one... actually two)

Ok, what games is everyone else eyeing for the Mac this year?

ooh, I forgot Redline. I want that one too.

2. Patmian212 macrumors 68020

Patmian212

Stop trolling. . . the mac gaming topic has been discussed before, its for all types of gaming. . maybe the name should be changed.

3. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Chill :) It's ok to talk of gaming in general - after all if we limited it to mac gaming only the forum wouldn't be very interesting as there's only 20 or so games released a year for the mac ;)

Well firstly I'm looking forward to some updates so my current games work on my iMac Duo Core & the intel Powermac (when it get's released)..

Doom 3, Rollercoaster Tycoon 3, Sims 2 please Aspyr....
    World of Warcraft - Blizzard.....

And then for 2006 I'd like to see the add on pack for RCT3 Wild & Soaked released....

The other games on your to me aren't really 2006 releases (quake 4, Mcrae05) and that's the problem with mac gaming in general. As well as things like Unreal Tournment 2007 will probably run better on the ps3 or Xbox 360 than on any of the macs unfortunetly...

I'm afraid my Mac will remain a very small in regards to my gaming habit's until we some serious improvement is Release Schedule, Graphics Power in new macs and decent conversions......

4. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

What I'd like to see in 2006 is more games released for the Mac at the same time they're released for the PC. While we're at it, put them on hybrid disks please – then they'll be easier to find in the shops and we won't end up paying through the nose for them.

5. pknz macrumors 68020

pknz

Football Manager 2007, Colin Mcrae 05, Fable, UT2007. As usual hoping for someone to port Virtual Skipper 4.

And someone to make a Mac external firewire graphics card:rolleyes:

6. BornAgainMac macrumors 603

BornAgainMac

Star Wars Battlefront II

Perhaps when Star Wars Battlefront II is in the bargain bin for Windows, they will release this game for the Mac at full retail around late summer or fall of 2006.

7. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Wow who is this guy?.....this section here is for games in general new boy...calm down.

Bless

8. kingcrowing macrumors 6502a

kingcrowing

Halo 2, Microsoft makes the best games ever!!! I cant wait for this game on mac!!!!

9. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Excuse me, but the gaming forum is for gaming, not just Mac gaming, so let it go.

I'd like to see UT2007 but I doubt I'll have enough machine for it. Quake 4 might be fun but I know that I don't have a strong enough machine for that.

10. thechris69 macrumors 6502

thechris69

personally, i would like to see some of the great pc games of the last few years that are still amazing to come to mac. for instance Far Cry, which is my favorite game ever, would be amazing for mac. As well as F.E.A.R and Hopefully Half Life 2, everyone sign the Half Life 2 for Mac petition!
    http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/signed.cgi?hl2mac

11. paddy macrumors 6502a

paddy

Exactly what I was thinking. I wouldnt mind seeing Age of Empires III either.
    ;)

12. link92 macrumors 6502

UT2007, Civ IV and Halo 2 (and for PPC as well! I'm not buying a whole new computer just for a couple of games).

13. Dalriada macrumors 6502

;) Heroes Of Might And Magic V:p

Sorry got a bit carried away there... some may recognize a little frustration between the lines as the IV port was so cra... badly done. It's going to be a long summer till Freeverse churn out a Mac port but it's indeed coming our way.

- Dal

14. Eevee macrumors 6502a

Eevee

15. risc macrumors 68030

risc

16. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

17. eXan macrumors 601

eXan

18. shake macrumors regular

DUNGEON SIEGE 2. what else is there? we dont need any more first-person-shooters...

19. paleck macrumors 6502a

paleck

I think blizzard has got the right idea, more game developers need to make their actual data OS independent and then the only thing they have to make seperately is the front engine for whichever platform.

20. AP_piano295 macrumors 65816

lmao
    hi five

21. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

I'm sick of these idiotic, inattentive topics of people who haven't read the forum description. This is
    people!!!1

22. mac.head.high macrumors regular

mac.head.high

See, somebody reads.