How about that!

Discussion in 'Hardware Rumors' started by dizastor, Jan 7, 2002.

1. dizastor macrumors 6502a

dizastor

I just wanted to have a thread on here that wasn't started in a psychotic foaming at the mouth rage by "SomeAppleGuy".

AHHH... The tranquility.

So the expo was a little disappointing. It just means I will have to continue to use the DP 800 G4 at work for all of my side projects for another couple months. Although I do have to admit I was pretty hyped up to shell out about six grand for the rumored "Super Cinema Display" and whatever DP G4/5 came down the pipe.

Personally I think the new iMac has more appeal than we are giving it credit for. The average consumer is very stupid. (Even the 'know it alls' on the board) I think that the video apple put together with the iMac dancing may be one of the coolest and most entertaining computer spots in a while. The only thing that would be better is if they took a new iMac and bashed that Steven kid from the Dell commercial over the head with it.

There are lots of things it looks like. R2d2's head... a lamp... some piece of furniture from the jetsons... I also think it looks like its sticking its tongue out at you when the CD drive ejects.

Just some thoughts.

2. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

I personally think the new iMac will be a huge hit. An all in one with a lcd and G4 with a futuristic design for $1299, what's not to like? I'm sure "SomeAppleGuy" will show up soon and start complaining about how every consumer on the planet won't buy it because he thinks it looks like a lamp.

3. SomeAppleGuy macrumors member

4. evildead macrumors 65816

evildead

SomeAppleGuy

You have to admit SomeAppleGuy, Your talking about the iMac like Steve Jobs slept with your mom or something. I mean. I dont think Apple is shipping the the new iMac just to make your mad.

5. SomeAppleGuy macrumors member

i don't know.. my moms been around the block a few times. i'm not really sure why they are striking a chord with me. don't take it personal Apple. i hate all computers really. point me towards a windows forum and maybe i will find something else to do.

6. evildead macrumors 65816

evildead

I see...

There should be a help group for TechHelp desk people. I got offered a job as a Help desk person that worked from 12am to 8am. I said no.

7. dizastor thread starter macrumors 6502a

dizastor

Well, it seems we can put the tranquilizer darts away now.

The iMac isn't nearly as bad as the initial reaction on the
    board. I thought the funniest thing was the thread last night with people claiming the Time Canada site was a hoax.

My only concern with the iMac, is that Apple is overshooting its goal of the average consumer a little. I think it's too good. It's going to be a waste of power for Ma' n Pa' computer user. It's positioned itself almost out of its own league. Other than that... I think it is really cool. Except I think it should talk and follow you around the house on little motorized legs. Its really much better if you watch the iMac animation a few times. It seems to have a personality.

But I can't really justify buying it to edit video on FCP3.

Lets hope someone buys it.

8. SomeAppleGuy macrumors member

Luckily Apple is not yet 24 hours. But I think your right. You think Im bad, Im tame compared to some of us in there. Trying staring at an old computer monitor (cause Apple gives its employees from the bottom of the barrell) and talk to morans all day that turn their computer on and off from the surge protector and wonder why it freezes everytime they turn it on.

The funniest thing is when they say "IM GONNA THROW THIS AWAY AND BUY A PC, WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THAT"

I really wanna say go for it, but instead I have to say its your computer sir, I am not here to have opinions. I am just a drone who wants to tell you the computers only crash for the ones who cant use them!!

Ok so i just re-read that and I think I do need help!! I need a new line of work. Any opening for a burnt out Mac Guy???

9. evildead macrumors 65816

evildead

Do you know any UNIX?

Do you know any of the UNIX OS X stuff? How about OS X server stuff. There are allways jobs for UNIX guys. I am MacHead that landed a job as a UNIX system Admin at a defence contractor Co. Im learing as I go. There is lots of demand. I get to travel, good beenifits, and my boss works well with my schedual (im almost done with my BA in Computer science).

Im still a MacHead at home and build big UNIX servers at work.