How are Japanese ripping DVD movies?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by grimmace, Feb 13, 2003.

1. grimmace macrumors regular

There are so many DVDs available overseas and they are ripped somehow to fit on a 4.2G DVD. Are they using Macs to do this? Now that the new version of iMovie is out, will we start to see chapters in these movies? I know apple is against this but I am just wondering if that is how they are doing it. Any info is welcome.

2. ShaolinMiddleFinger macrumors 6502a

ShaolinMiddleFinger

Some of the original movies were probably less then 4.7gigs or the people ripping them are taking out extras features like subtitles, features, angles, commentaries....

3. leprechaunG4 macrumors member

If you use DVDbackup you get an exact VIDEO_TS folder rip of the DVD. You can then open that folder from your harddrive with the DVD player. I tried this with my new baby, and I got a perfect 4.12gb rip of "Down to Earth" Since I have the superdrive in this little guy, I should be able to know just burn that VIDEO_TS folder to a DVD and bada bing badaboom. Gotta go buy some blank DVD's to try with first though.

4. delton05 macrumors member

Get DVD Movie Copy

Simple with this new program. I use it on my PC.

"With DVD Movie Copy, you can easily create backup copies of your favorite movies. Simply choose the movie and the language - and off you go. DVD Movie Copy automatically selects the best compression rate, making the movie fit on one single DVD-R. Disc-spanning is of course supported if you want to burn the movie on regular CD-Rs. The high-quality compression algorithms ensure perfect image quality. With DVD Movie Copy, you can also burn photo video CDs and video CDs of your own movie clips."

From: http://www.steinberg.net/en/ct/products/audio_editing/dvd_movie_copy/index.php?sid=0

Only cost $80