How Awesome is your...

Discussion in 'Community' started by jdechko, Nov 2, 2004.

1. jdechko macrumors 68040

How awesome is your significant other? I was just interested to see how many people have really cool significant others, that are just great--Whether it's sharing a love for sports, computers, or just being the coolest person ever.

For instance, Sunday is my 1 year anniversary of dating my girlfriend. So to celebrate we are going to Wendy's and a hockey game. (She's totally cool with it--We go to games all the time and she loves them).

So this is just a thread for us to brag about the other people in our lives.

2. revenuee macrumors 68020

revenuee

I was with the greatest girl -- she is my muse still -- she inspired writing, photography, design --- she showed me how to communicate and in turn applied it in my work to effectively communicate other messages -- all that i have accomplished i owe to her

Unfortunately the price of my success seems to high -- i think i lost her forever. -- Ironic isn't it? i lost the person that i wanted to share it with, because that is the price i had to pay :(

3. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

my significant other is super cool. We go jogging at Lake Austin. She does't care that I'm on the computer all the time. She always sleeps with me, and she rarely barks inside the house.

:rolleyes: :p :p

scem0

4. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

Thank you for reminding me... :( :( :( :(

At least my cat loves me. I think.

5. Inkmonkey macrumors 6502

She sounds like a real dog. :p
    That was horrible.

6. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

my significant other of just over two years just ended things with me basically, although i had to end it offically i guess, but anyways, she was cool, i got her to use macs, things were good, but yeah i wish everyone success with their others, and communication is key! just dont take them for granted and enjoy your times together

7. howard macrumors 68020

howard

my girlfriend is the best. She is the most understanding person I have ever met and I can tell her ANYTHING. She is also one of the most comforting people I have ever met, and everyone who knows her says the same thing. You just feel good and comfortable around her. She can relieve me of the most horrible stress with just a hug. She is going to become a nurse, that profession fits her like a glove. She truly cares about people and will go out of her way to make them feel special.

8. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

My s/o is pretty cool, i'd have to say... we agree politically, he's also a Mensan so intelligent conversation can be had, and he's a Mac user... we've been together 4 years come Christmas... Except for some time spent apart this summer, which was necessary to keep the relationship stable... but i don't really count that.

He supports my art, keeps me going when i'm having difficulties, and depending on the outcome of the election, we may be able to marry someday. until then to everyone opposes it: your fear can't stop us from loving each other and being together. sorry to get a bit activist, but if we're going to discuss our significant others, it's an issue.

paul

9. evoluzione macrumors 68010

evoluzione

down the road, that's where i'll always be

right on :)

my girlfriend (of about 18 months) is super cool, she likes pretty much everything i like, and understands my fixation of driving and my footy (soccer) team, and my gadgets etc. she's a top cook (well, chef actually) and we share the same dreams about travellling and eating great food (and we're also getting more and more into natural organic and even raw foods). My biggest dream is to design and build my own (sustainable) house and she's all for it.

politically, (non)religiously, spiritually we're on the same page. there's nothing i can really think of that i don't like about her. she's damn cute too ;)

in short, everything I could ask for, and more.

10. Jovian9 macrumors 68000

Jovian9

My wife is great. Our 5 year dating anniversary is this month (but we've been married for 3 years now).
    We both love Macs. We're both college basketball fans (though I'm a Kentucky fan and she's a half Indiana/half Texas Tech fan). We both love NFL football (Colts)....so there's never a need to discuss what were doing on Sundays or Monday nights. We both hate MLB Baseball (I like the game but I hate the direction it has taken over the last decade). She understands my obsessive electronics needs and I understand her obsessive clothing needs. We have 3 dogs.....one is my favorite, another her favorite, and the 3rd is neither of our favorites.....so that works out. She'll even play video games with me sometimes. And we both love to argue.....so no matter how much we fight we can eventually attribute it to our stubborn nature of arguing.
    And for those of you with blooming relationships.....communication is definitely the key if you want to make it past the first few years of honeymoon time.

11. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

I don't want to know how many of you are leaving your shining reviews of your significant others open, hoping they will pass by the computer and see it.

A nice way to score points... :rolleyes: :p

scem0

12. Spymit007 macrumors regular

Spymit007

I was with a most amazing girl when I began college. In high school, girls never noticed me but then she did when I was staying overnight at MIT. We hit it off and spent the next year and a half together. Although I had never experienced it before, I knew that this had to be what love felt like.

Sadly, the following summer, she passed away from ovarian cancer. I was completely devastated. It all happened so quickly. Just like that, the love of my life was gone. It's been over 4 years since it happened and for the most part, I've moved on from that tragic event in my life. But needless to say, I haven't been with anyone since her. I'd like to think that one day I can love again and find someone else, but for now, I'm still searching for someone to fill the void that she left when she died.

Sorry to be such a downer, but she was awesome.

13. revenuee macrumors 68020

revenuee

sorry to here about your loss -- if you can say it was love, then it was -- you will love again -- but remember not to look for the same thing, don't compare because no people are the same and thats okay -- thats what makes it so exiting

14. jdechko thread starter macrumors 68040

Caught! Actually, I was thinking about showing her this thread, but its not likely that she will ever venture onto this site.

Anyway, it is really cool to see what you all have written--how detailed some of you are. My girlfriend and I have been through a whole lot together as well. It's been really tough at times, but we've stuck together through it all, and that's something else that makes me love her more.

15. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Great idea for a thread, jdechko.

My wife is merely the most amazing person on the planet, IMHO.

Attributes/achievements from the past and present: Dedicated to family, honest, good sense of humor, hard working, smart (straight A student from K thru 12 despite skipping multiple grades), badge-earning girl scout, member of high school and college bands, college graduate, volunteer at multiple schools (including being school newsletter editor, PTA president, PTA regional council member, school leadership council member, founder of the booster club, and organizer of raffles, Halloween festivals, and you-name-it), and nominee for a major community service award. She travels, speaks, writes, and does other volunteer work for a non-profit foundation that saves lives worldwide, and still finds time for group exercise classes, tons of reading (and she just joined a book club!), keeping up with the latest news and popular music, and sharing time and various hobbies with me, from predicting Oscars to buying stuffed lemurs.

But there's important stuff too: she's a great cook, cute, a fan of the Alias TV show, and an experienced Macintosh user. What more could I ask?

She was my high school sweetheart, college sweetheart, and is still my sweetheart. If you find that I'm almost always cheerful, that's why. Somehow she puts up with me, despite my geekiness, bad jokes, excessive time spent online, and my habit of singing along with the car radio. That's probably her most amazing feat of all!

16. howard macrumors 68020

howard

your wife plays video games with you?? that rocks!!!

my girlfriend would but she's no good at them and i'm pretty good... plus i don't really have any recent video games.

17. James L macrumors 6502a

I am a paramedic, a web designer, and a professional musician. This means I am working nights all the time, and when I am home I am usually working on a client's website.

My wifey never complains, always makes sure I have food and clean clothes, allows me to buy my toys (PB, iPod) when I want too, and the coolest part was 2 months ago she said "Why don't you save up your gig money for the next few months and go to MacWorld San Fransisco in January with your buddies (from Canada).

sigh... she rocks!

:D

18. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

This just reminds me of how lonely and depressed I am to have found someone who's perfect, but taken. She's not in the best relationship, and she's a better match with me than she is with him, but she didn't have the heart to dump her bf, things fell apart, and they reconciliated. Now she's still doesn't seem perfectly content, but oh well. I've told her that I like her, so I guess I just have to wait till she finally just dumps her quiet, boring, socially-inept, soft-talking boyfriend that I have trouble hearing if I'm sitting 1 metre away from him. :eek:

19. AmigoMac macrumors 68020

AmigoMac

We grew up in different environments and that never made us "water and oil", we met in the university (Almost 7 years ago :) ) and since the first day, we haven't had a single day to doubt about us, it wasn't love at first sight, we do not believe in that, we don't celebrate wedding anniversary, just that everything works when we talk and always go with the truth...
    She is my best friend, I'm her best friend, we don't love the same things, but we enjoy learning what the other one does. We have 2 children and 2 macs. :cool:

She doesn't post here directly but sometimes we talk about what to post.

I would never stop writing about her, but until this point is pretty ok to let you know that I'm really happy.

20. Giaguara macrumors 6502a

he just is the one. absolutely no doubt about it. he's like 200 times everything i would have answered in the fairy tale style of 'reality' descriptions ages ago .. so some real major shock in the life to find out that he really exists hehe.. :p

so how much bragging do you guys want here? he's really really cool, works for some real nice hard- and software company i work as well for .. hehe. he knows about everything about macs and server stuff etc .. has a cool job, blah blah .. and is cool outside work too. so can talk about editing crontab or configuring open directory 3 AM or then even go to China in a train and be offline for a week without noticing about missing anything ... really really geek, to the level i really like (i don't say this often, including about everyone at work). and he has a lot of nice toys for work. to the less bragging description, i felt that i was sleeping all my life untill about now, and now i am me, and more me than ever .. and he is like me in about everything (really same type of taste in everything) .. hm. a not-so-historic post about the difference(s) between lovig someone, and the one. and yea, i can't get over it. i don't want to. :p

21. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

I love my girl so much, I married her 165 days, 17 hours, 3 minutes, and 31 seconds ago..

22. apple2991 macrumors 6502

Paul is a weird name for a girl. Oh well, crazy times!

23. AmigoMac macrumors 68020

AmigoMac

Paul is a boy! Nice and cool member of macrumors.com . Ohh! Crazy people! :rolleyes:

24. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

My significant other is kinda warm right now, and busy working the mouse...

:eek:

Uh, errr

I plead the fifth! :D

25. zelmo macrumors 603

zelmo

That is just so wrong! Of course, it makes picking out a nice Christmas gift a lot easier, and there is certainly less bickering because you didn't close the lid or empty the garbage pail... :eek: