How Big Is Your Album...?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by iAndy, Feb 11, 2003.

1. iAndy macrumors member

I now have over 10,000 digital photos (70%-3MP / 30%-5MP) currently stored on my WinNT server. Currently I am simply storing images in chronological order in monthly subdirectories, with obvious limitations. I am now wondering whether to migrate my photos over to my iMac and use iPhoto2, or buy a W#ndows based package such as Adobe Photoshop Album or Picasa (Windows iPhoto clone).

Although I having seen many posts from folks referring to the size of their iTunes collections, I have not seen any equivalent mention of iPhoto album sizes.

So what I am interested to know is:
    (a) how large is your iPhoto album?
    (b) whether you have upgraded a large iPhoto collections to iPhoto2, and if so what are response times like to file management and search functions ?

Many thanks for any feedback

2. Jaykay macrumors 6502a

Jaykay

i have about 2,000 photos in my iphoto library which i recently moved to iphoto 2 and it seems quite sluggish for me especially while a lot of pictures are on screen at the same time and im running a 1.25GHz DP with 10.2.3.

Just my observation.

3. TyleRomeo macrumors 6502a

Re: How Big Is Your Album...?

well i also have a DP 1.25 but with only 200 pics so far. (4MP) but i only have 512 DDR ram, im going to upgrade to 1024 when things get sluggish.

Tyler

4. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

I've got just over 2k on my TiPB, but I'm not happy with iPhoto and its single library of photos. The software is too sluggish. I know of some alternatives that I've yet to purchase, but its a just a matter of time before I do since I have 1000s more that need to be imported from pre iPhoto days.

D

5. Gus macrumors 65816

Gus

Re: How Big is Your Album?

That's kind of a personal question....

;p

Regards,
    Gus

6. hui__lim macrumors regular

Yeah in iPhoto, is it possible to create one folder and then subdirectories?