Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Axiom

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 27, 2002
Portland, OR, USA
Howdy

I'm picking up a brand spankin' new ibook on friday with the 20gig drive.

I plan to partition it and need to know how much space to give for Jaguar. If anyone could tally up the size of their 10.2 partition and post that would be very helpful.

Evidently if you buy an ibook right now you still will get 10.1.5 & 9.2.2 but some stores are giving you a $20 discount off the price of a new ibook and mailing in a voucher for 10.2. to be sent out to your home.

I asked several vendors about getting 10.2 preloaded on a new ibook and all said the same thing...sure, if you pay the full retail price for the boxed edition of 10.2 ($129)

anyways, please post how much space you think should be alloted for a seperate Jag drive. I plan to install everything but the language extras.

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
ibook 12" 700/128/Combo Drive
This is the spec of the iBook you are getting friday? If so PLEASE tell me you are getting more RAM installed, if you want to use Jag (espicially on a G3) you will need atleast 256Mb, idealy alot more.

Axiom

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 27, 2002
Portland, OR, USA
the extra RAM will have to come later :( unfortunately I need the ibook really badly and paying cash for it, and I don't have enough to spend for anything else really...(not even applecare)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.