How big will iTMS for Windows be?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by shecky, Sep 11, 2003.

1. shecky Guest

shecky

well, I am curious as to everyone's opinons on this. Apple sold 10 million songs so far through the iTunes Music Store. This is just to Mac users, with US mailing addresses, using OS X. The feeling is this is around maybe 1% of computer users globally.

What do you think the numbers will be when Apple not only releases iTunes and iTMS for Windows, but also the same products for non-US residents?

I think its going to take a little time, but I think its going to be HUGE.

any thoughts?

2. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

I would imagine the minority won't care that it comes from Apple and download it immediately and start buying. I expect those to be more than the current Macintosh community.

When it's shown to be safe, the majority will dig in and download it, but I think their purchases will be long in coming.

There are enough people with iPods, unhappy with MusicMatch, that will be glad to switch right away and buy as well.

3. Thanatoast macrumors 6502a

Thanatoast

I worry about Apple getting swamped the first day like they did with mac users, and all the pc users saying "this sucks. we shoulda known apple couldn't make anything worthwhile" and writing it off too soon.

Other than that, if Steve can get past the riaa, pretty big. very big. maybe even extremely large and very successfull.:) :says prayer to Murphy:

4. Bear macrumors G3

Hopefully Apple has plans to add more servers before iTunes for Windows is released.