how can I add bluetooth to my iMac

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by Winstonp, May 3, 2005.

1. Winstonp macrumors 6502a

Jan 2, 2005
  2. Pismo macrumors 6502

Apr 30, 2002
    That seems to be your only option at the moment. I'm not sure if you can have an internal adapter installed after the iMac was purchased. I don't know if the module hooks into a connector or if it has to be soldered onto the motherboard. If it connects to a slot, you might be able to order one from an Apple repair tech. Not sure how much it would cost though. Anyone know what kind of module it is?
  3. finalcoolman macrumors 6502

Apr 15, 2005
    Well I know on the PowerMac G5 its a module that connects to a spot on the motherboard without soldering, more or less snaps in place and you connect the antenna to it. Not sure about an iMac Though.
  4. TMA macrumors 6502a

Jan 6, 2003
    It's sometimes possible to install the module after market, this can be done with the Mac Mini and Powermacs as far as I know. Not sure about Powerbooks.

Even if it is possible, it will probably be a lot more expensive than buying a USB adapter. Also consider the risks of fitting and labour charges if you pay someone to do it. The D-Link adapter is really very neat and small, see if you can have a look at one in a shop near you.