How can I capture audio from a DVD?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Apple!Fre@k, Mar 27, 2008.

1. macrumors 6502

I've got a movie on DVD that has a quote in it that I'd like to copy into a digital audio file. Anyone know how I can do this? Don't need video, just audio. The clip is a minute long.

2. macrumors regular

So far I've done this in Windows with DVD Decrpytor and WinFF, but started to play with Handbrake. As far as I know this can do that under OS X.

3. j26
    macrumors 65816

j26

If you have QT Pro, a long winded way would be to rip the dvd with handbrake, play it in quicktime and trim it to the quote you want. Then you can export the audio only.

I'm sure there's a faster way, but that should work. Set the video bitrate very low in handbrake and only rip the chapter you want and it should encode much faster.

4. macrumors 68020

AdeFowler

5. macrumors member

6. thread starter macrumors 6502

Thank you! It's free and worked like a charm! Had the part I wanted ripped and into an MP3 file in less than 10 minutes.

7. macrumors newbie

How to capture audio from DVD

Hey.
    I used Streaming Audio Recorder to extract audio form DVD. It can automatically detect any audio source. The procedure is simple and it has many helpful functions.

8. macrumors member

Hmm, Im thinking you could use the ifunia audioconverter that I got from mac app store, seems you need a Audio Recorder, and the WireTap Studio a nice program to make it. :p