Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrrippey

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 7, 2009
Looking to buy another Air since my first transaction may have fallen through. I got a serial number. I went to the Apple site but I really did not find anything out. I just want to know if it is a Rev A or Rev B.

Serial is W88024PQY51 if anybody can answer.

Gracias!

Rippey

stoconnell

macrumors 6502
Mar 22, 2009
Rockville (Despite REM's plea.)
Looking to buy another Air since my first transaction may have fallen through. I got a serial number. I went to the Apple site but I really did not find anything out. I just want to know if it is a Rev A or Rev B.

Serial is W88024PQY51 if anybody can answer.

Gracias!

Rippey

That looks like it was made in the second week of 2008, so it's out of warranty (unless Apple care has been purchased) and would definitely be a Rev A. The Rev Bs didn't show up until November 2008.

Notes: Serial number W8640....
-> W8 = Country code for manufacture
-> 6 = last digit of year (2006)
-> 40 = week of manufacture => Octoberish

mrrippey

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 7, 2009
That looks like it was made in the second week of 2008, so it's out of warranty (unless Apple care has been purchased) and would definitely be a Rev A. The Rev Bs didn't show up until November 2008.

Notes: Serial number W8640....
-> W8 = Country code for manufacture
-> 6 = last digit of year (2006)
-> 40 = week of manufacture => Octoberish

Thanks! Looks like I will not get this one and instead get the Rev B 1.6/120 deal I got for $1300 with superdrive.

Thanks all!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.