How can i donwload games for mac??

Discussion in 'Games' started by daredevil222, Nov 7, 2005.

1. daredevil222 macrumors newbie

hello!
    please help me..
    how can i donwload good mac games from the internet...????

2. BornAgainMac macrumors 603

BornAgainMac

Click on the Apple icon at the upper left hand corner and you will see a menu choice: "Mac OS X Software..." Find the game you want under the category of games.

3. rwk001 macrumors member

Looking for a game

I wanted to know if anyone remembers an old Apple II game that was kind of like Battle Chess, but what would happen is that when one piece attacked another, you would be transported to a battle screen. Then, depending on the piece, each side would have different abilities (knights were quick but their shots were weak, rooks were slow but had powerful blasts, for example). Obviously, it was a monochrome game, but it was a favorite and I wouldn't mind playing it again.

4. mattmack macrumors 6502a

mattmack

try www.macologist.org for mods and patches and demos and stuff. Mostly FPS

5. aspro macrumors 6502

6. Stridder44 macrumors 68040

Stridder44

7. Eric5h5 macrumors 68020

You must be talking about Archon. It shouldn't have been monochrome on the Apple II; certainly the C64 and Atari versions were in color, and color was rather important to the gameplay (the squares got darker or lighter each turn, and gave a corresponding advantage to the dark or light side respectively). I preferred Archon II: Adept though...same general idea but cooler.

--Eric

8. pknz macrumors 68020

pknz

Just making the point that these are generally Demo/Shareware games as downloading (most) full games is illegal.

Although you can get the full Marathon series Trilogy Release

9. macmanmatty macrumors regular

I have calculated my velocity so precisely that a
    SWeet!!!

10. JDOG_ macrumors 6502a

JDOG_

Yeah that really does kick ass. I love Bungie and the Marathon series is still a trip..albeit slightly painful to look at these days.

11. Spinach macrumors newbie

Where can I buy and download games for MAC like Civilization 3 and Medal of Honor (not bejeweled and such). I bought a game at one sight before i realized that they did not have mac versions. They refunded my money thankfully.

But is there such a sight for MAC. the download sites I found are for patches and demos, or just the small goofy games.

12. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

You cannot buy and download the releases of those games.

You'll have to order them from various places like Apple and/or Aspyr and/or MacSoftGames (just to name a few).

13. pknz macrumors 68020

pknz

Yeah, you can't legally download 'A-List' games. You can order them online though.

Hehehe. He said sight instead of site.

** runs off s******ing**

EDIT: Looks back to see s.n.i.g.g.e.r.i.n.g starred out

14. riche macrumors newbie

Battle for Wesnoth

I've you're after a good free game I'd recommend Battle for Wesnoth http://www.wesnoth.org

From their site:
    The Battle For Wesnoth (BFW) is a turn based, third person, fantasy war game. Use your strategic and tactical skills to beat computer opponents. Engage in campaigns that take you from scenario to scenario on to final victory. Each campaign is a story told through scenarios. Each scenario has an objective you must achieve before facing the next. The game is played on a map divided into hexagons, called hexes.

15. kaltsasa macrumors 6502a

I second Virtual Programming, top notch games with a decent discount for download. And don't let the high prices on the site fool you, when you log in with an US address the prices are adjusted accordingly.