How can I find the speed of a powerbook 1400 in mhz what program do I need to use?

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by DavidCL23, Oct 19, 2002.

1. DavidCL23 macrumors 6502

How can I find the speed of a powerbook 1400 in mhz what program do I need to use?
    Please respond asap as my friend needs to know the processor in his (he bought it off ebay) before deciding on an upgrade processor that ends in 12hrs.

2. King Cobra macrumors 603

Try looking in the Apple System Profiler, if there is the program in the computer. Do a search. It's been a long time since I've used System 7 through OS 9, so I'm not too sure where it would be located. I think it's in the Apple Menu. If not, check the utilities part of the Hard Drive.

According to a basics spec program, MacTracker, the Powerbook 1400 had a "c" and a "cs" model. The possible speeds are 117MHz, 133MHz and 166MHz.

If the System Profiler cannot be found, or doesn't tell you, keep reading.

Most likely, if it's a Powerbook 1400c with a 1GB Hard Drive or less, it has a 117MHz processor. If it has 2GB from original, it is probably 166MHz.

Most likely, if it's a Powerbook 1400cs with a 750MB Hard Drive, it has a 117MHz processor. If it has a 1.3GB Hard Drive, it is a 166MHz processor.