How Can I Format My MBP's HArd Drive?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Steve Jobless, Sep 22, 2006.

1. Steve Jobless macrumors 6502

May 31, 2006
    I'm asking because I think I did something bad when trying to remove Windows Vista. I tried to repartition my drive to make a new version of Vista (in BootCAmp)but it said it could not move some files. Now I'm not sure why. But I need Windows, what can I do? I tried everything nothing really worked.

Just to Emphasize: I want to completely empty the hard drive, re-install osx and my apps (which I backed up on a DVD and my Windows PC) install boot camp again and Windows Vista (with an 11 GB partition)

2. fishkorp macrumors 68020

Apr 10, 2006
    Ellicott City, MD
    just boot from the install DVD your MBP came with. after it's all done, do the software updates to get up to 10.4.7. after that, install bootcamp and set your partition. Vista RC1 just works, no need to delete the EFI partition any more (i didn't have to).

11gb is too small though. if you install using an Ultimate Edition key the OS + Mac drivers take up 9gb of space, leaving you with only 2gb to do other stuff with.
  3. Steve Jobless thread starter macrumors 6502

May 31, 2006
    Thanks, but with a 9 gb partition i had 1.83 gb free, also how did you get the drivers to work? I feel like i wasted two cds for nothing...