How can I get more volume out of my iMac?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Apple!Freak, Mar 17, 2005.

1. Apple!Freak macrumors 6502a

Apple!Freak

Alright, so I just set up the Harman/Kardon Sound Sticks and plugged them into the line out/headphone port. I crank the volume on iTunes and the computer all the way and I get a normal listening volume. It's not even close to loud although it's not quiet either. How can I make the computer put out a higher volume output? Whats wrong thats making it not go louder?

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

2. dan-o-mac macrumors 6502a

dan-o-mac

you can boost the preamp when you click on the equalizer option in itunes.

Edit: make sure your check all you connections. what do you mean by "normal listening volume"?

3. ham_man macrumors 68020

ham_man

I may sound stupid, but couldn't you increase the volume on the sticks themselves, or do these speakers not have this function?

4. dan-o-mac macrumors 6502a

dan-o-mac

You could be right, this was on H/K's faq section.

Question:
    Why is my volume so low?

Answer:
    The SoundSticks II have additional touch sensor volume controls on the right satellite speaker. The + and – volume control keys are located near the bottom of the speaker. When first taken from the box, the default volume setting is very low. All you need to do is increase the volume by touching the + key.

5. Apple!Freak thread starter macrumors 6502a

Apple!Freak

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha..... all the way to town.

That's amazing. I didn't even notice the volume controls as normally volume controls stand out and are easily seen so I figured they didn't have any.

Wow, thats truly great! They are touch sensative too, no pushing. Thanks dan-o-mac! I could have gone years without noticeing that. THANKS! :)

6. dan-o-mac macrumors 6502a

dan-o-mac

LOL, Glad I could help. All the credit goes to Ham Man, it was his idea I just did the research.

7. munkle macrumors 68030

munkle

I think this thread has just made me fall in love with MR a little bit more :eek: :)

8. Macaddicttt macrumors 6502a

Macaddicttt

Umm...good...I guess...

Don't want this turning into anything unhealthy... ;)

9. slooksterPSV macrumors 68030

slooksterPSV

The other thing is that iTunes volume control is different from OS X volume control, you can turn OS X Volume all the way up and then the iTunes all the way up and there you go.

10. Plymouthbreezer macrumors 601

Plymouthbreezer

Hahaha, you got it too! When I got my SoundSticks... I was like, "nice... but why so soft??" Then I saw the two buttons on the speaker, Bingo!

I love it all the way they fill up the room with such awesome sound. Make sure the iSub is up all the way too. ;)