How can I import several .mov files into Final Cut Pro?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by johnbro23, Jun 1, 2005.

1. johnbro23 macrumors 6502a

I'm rendering a CAD video and I'm doing a render farm. I've broken the video up into 8 peices and I've got 8 computers rendering tonight while no one is in the school.

So, there's a few macs at school with Final Cut Pro installed on them, but I don't know who to ask for help, so I thought I'd come here. All I want to do is take the 8 video segments (each 500 frames at 1152x864) and make them into one 2-3 minute video.

Will it take a long time, since the resolution of the video is so high? Is there any way to scale the video down to, say, 640x840?

Hopefully someone has some answers for me, since I'm totally lost since I've never used Final Cut before. Thanks.

2. TheMonarch macrumors 65816

TheMonarch

To import multiple videos into FCP, just select them all, then drag them into your bin. Thats it. As for scaling down video, I never have used FCP for that, so I wouln't be able to tell you. But if you happen to have QuickTime Pro arround, open the movie then press apple+I and scale it down to your desired resolution, then just export. Thats the cheapest/easy way I can think of.

3. johnbro23 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ok that sounds easy enough. Thanks!

I'll check for QuickTime Pro on the Macs at school, but I doubt they have it. Does anyone know how to do it in Final Cut?

And I'm just wondering, how big would a 4000 frame 1152x864 pixel 3 minute .mov be? I'm guessing 1 to 2 gigs.

How big would it be if I scaled it down to 640x480?

4. mduser63 macrumors 68040

mduser63

Final Cut Pro comes with Quicktime Pro, so the school computers should have it installed.

5. johnbro23 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Oh, alright. Thanks.