How Can I Improve My Website Design?

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by highjumppudding, Mar 16, 2008.

1. macrumors 6502

highjumppudding

Hello.

I just launched a new website March 2nd. I was wondering what tips and feedback everyone had. Any tips on improving any aspect of the site?

Thanks.

www.StevenPriceProductions.com

2. macrumors G4

Eraserhead

It looks pretty good. You could use variable, rather than fixed, width for it though.

3. macrumors member

Maybe add a background? Not really related to the look but CSS and Javascript as separate files?

Just a couple of suggestions :D

4. macrumors 65816

fluidedge

great showreel.

Nice site too!

5. macrumors 68000

tominated

i like it but the solid grey looks very plain.

6. thread starter macrumors 6502

highjumppudding

Gradient Tables

I was searching the web for a solution to the previous poster.

How can I create a gradient background in a cell of the table on my site? I am using Dreamweaver CS3 to build the site. Thanks.

Or, if there are any other suggestions regarding how to solve the unattractive "solid gray"? I agree, it is a little too bland with the gray.

Thanks.

7. macrumors 6502

notnek

Some nice thick scan lines will liven up that drab grey. Here's a decent tutorial. I would make thick diagonal lines though.

I agree with poster above about external CSS/JS files. It will make updating so much easier in the future. One file to edit rather than every page.

8. macrumors regular

I'd also get rid of the off white/white background. Maybe a dark brown or a green color similar to what is located in your banner.

As far as livening up your site. Maybe take a look at webcreme.com or a similar website for inspiration.

9. macrumors regular

don't make it in dreamweaver?