How can I install a 15"MBP Lion on a 13" white MacBook ???

Discussion in 'OS X' started by Webb, Apr 3, 2012.

1. macrumors regular

Okay my co worker let me borrow his 15" MBP software so I can update my Leopard one,but doesn't work says on the CD "For 15"MBP"

There's a way around it ?

Thanks

2. macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

The grey install discs that come with Macs are model-specific and will not work on other models. You can either order replacement discs for your model by calling Apple, or you can buy a retail copy of Snow Leopard.

3. thread starter macrumors regular

4. macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

No, you need to update to Snow Leopard first, so you can gain access to the Mac App Store, where you can download Lion or upgrade to ML. You can't do it for free, if that's what you're wondering.

5. simsaladimbamba

No. You need Lion for that, as of now. Unless you do a clean install with the available OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion installer, which only developers officially have access to, and others via other means.

6. macrumors G4

Night Spring

Doesn't Apple sell Lion on a USB thumb drive?

7. macrumors 6502

insimbi

Yes they do:
    http://store.apple.com/us/product/MD256Z/A

But it does say:
    "To upgrade your Mac to OS X Lion, you must be running OS X Snow Leopard. If you have OS X v10.5 Leopard, purchase OS X v10.6 Snow Leopard now and install it on your Mac. Then buy OS X Lion as a digital download from the Mac App Store."

8. macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Yes, and according to the SLA, you still need Snow Leopard. Whether it works on Leopard or not is another matter.
    http://store.apple.com/us/product/MD256Z/A?fnode=MTY1NDAzOA#overview
    ScreenCap 9.PNG