Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Xonnie316

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 14, 2009
Melbourne, Australia
Hey forum members, I just bought The Big Bang Theory (Season 1) DVD that I ripped and I converted it to the right format.

But when I open the movie files, the go under movies in iTunes, while I wish the files to be listed in TV Shows...

How can I do that ?

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
Select file(s9 in iTunes, right click > Get Info and then the following image should explain the rest:
itunes-u-media.png

rayward

macrumors 68000
Mar 13, 2007
Houston, TX
The strange thing is, I didn't know the answer before today. I just looked around in iTunes and found it by myself.
It saddens me that some people just don't look on their own.

It's one of those things that happens almost by accident if you tag your video content (and if you're ripping TV shows, you really need to tag 'em), but it's not an obvious option in the iTunes "Get Info" dialog box. It's tucked away under the "Options" tab when, if it's going to be anywhere, under the "Sorting" tab might make it easier to find intuitively.

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
It's one of those things that happens almost by accident if you tag your video content (and if you're ripping TV shows, you really need to tag 'em), but it's not an obvious option in the iTunes "Get Info" dialog box. It's tucked away under the "Options" tab when, if it's going to be anywhere, under the "Sorting" tab might make it easier to find intuitively.

That's right, I looked under the sorting tab right after the summary tab.
iTunes is a big mess these days, thus I only use it for my music listening habits.

rayward

macrumors 68000
Mar 13, 2007
Houston, TX
That's right, I looked under the sorting tab right after the summary tab.
iTunes is a big mess these days, thus I only use it for my music listening habits.

I'm ok with for managing my content - mostly because I listen to and watch my content on Apple products pretty much exclusively. Where it sucks is with tagging. I end up using a combination of MetaX and Subler to get the tags how I want them.

MetaX for the majority of the tags, because it's an easier interface and some of the stuff I want can't be added via iTunes, and Subler because MetaX won't let me tag content as HD nor add a cnID so that iTunes will nest HD & SD versions of the same movie.

If iTunes can read all these tags, why can't it write them?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.