How can I make icons show up in picture folder icons?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by EvryDayImShufln, Oct 23, 2006.

1. EvryDayImShufln macrumors 65816

EvryDayImShufln

Hey does anybody know how to make the pictures contained in a folder show up in the folders icon? I used to have this on winxp and I liked the look alot, gave you a preview without needing to look at the name. Anybody know how to do this?

Thanks in advance!

2. indigoflowAS macrumors 6502

indigoflowAS

So, you'll click on your desktop to select the finder, press Apple-J to bring up the View Options and there you will check "Show icon preview"

Unfortunately this one feature that I think that XP does better, I usually don't bother w/ thumbnails in OSX, I've moved on to column view. But hopefully Leopard will have a refined icon view...most ppl do bypass it though.

3. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

???

I don't know if this is answer to your question, because I don't actually understand the question (edit: but it seems I'm on the right track since indigoflowAS has interpreted it the same way ;)), but if you have a Finder window open, you can go into Icons View (cmd-1 or View -> as Icons) and then use cmd-J (View -> Show View Options) and check Show icon preview (and perhaps also Show item info, which I find useful) and drag the Icon size sider up to 128 x 128.

4. EvryDayImShufln thread starter macrumors 65816

EvryDayImShufln

Thanks but that I figured out already (but with slight problems), the real question I have for you is how can I make the pictures that are contained in a folder appear in the folder icon itself? Not many pictures, maybe 4 or so, like windows xp does.

5. indigoflowAS macrumors 6502

indigoflowAS

Unfortunately OSX doesn't have this nice XP feature (one of the few). Hopefully Leopard will have some incredible leap forward in the Finder :) In the meantime, sit tight :eek:

Oh! One thing you might enjoy is: Select all the photos in a folder, right click/apple-click, select "Slideshow"...once the show is open you can view the images in a thumbnail style thingy via the onscreen controls.