How can I make my Mac (PB 15" 1.33 G) be an alarm clock?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by DazedNConfusedX, Sep 25, 2004.

1. DazedNConfusedX macrumors newbie

I searched for help on this topic but didn't find any clear answers.

I want to chuck my ugly ass alarm clock which needs to be plugged in. My PB is almost always on/plugged in. Is there an easy way to make it be my alarm clock - whether it wakes me up w/ an annoying beeping sound or something from my iTunes library?

Also - is there any snooze function? Because I usually snooze and go back to sleep several times before finally getting out of bed. :D

I checked features in iTunes, system date & time settings, etc. - and coudln't find anything easy to set up.

Thanks. :)

2. Ja Di ksw macrumors 65816

Ja Di ksw

make and iCal event for when you want to wake up, set an alarm with it, choose it to be a file, choose a song you want to wake up to. Make the event repeating if you want it to open every day, or you can always set it up however you want, but you shouldn't have to enter a new time for each day.

3. vashim66 macrumors member

4. mklos macrumors 68000

mklos

You can also just set your PowerBook to startup at a certain time too. Its a new feature in Mac OS X.3, that was carried over from OS 9. Go to the Apple Menu, and then to System Preferences, then to Energy Saver. Next, click on the Schedule tab and then put in when you want your PowerBook to start up. You can also setup a shutdown time as well. Then just crank up the sound on your PowerBook and it will BBBOOOOONNNGGGGG very loud in the morning when it automatically starts up.

Just another suggestion!

5. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

6. blueflame macrumors 6502a

blueflame

7. DazedNConfusedX thread starter macrumors newbie

It probably still smells, though, right? :p (Thanks for everyone's advice).

8. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

There's also iSleep, which hasn't been updated in a while. But it works with DVD Player and Whamb! (the developer's media player) as well.

9. joey4127 macrumors 6502

joey4127

Does my computer have to be turned on? Or does it turn on when the alarm sets off?

10. mikebatho macrumors 6502a

poser....

If I say something, in the middle of a forrest....with no women around to hear me...

...am I still wrong?

11. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

I use M-Beat. It's made from the same people that make iPodRip, probably the best program to transfer songs from your iPod to your computer. M-Beat has a lot of features too beside an alarm.