Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

applemax

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 22, 2005
Hi

How can I make text look like this (http://www.apple.com/finalcutstudio/) in CS3? I have the font (Myriad Pro Semibold) but how can I get the colour and can I save it as a font? If you've already done this, could you kindly post it? Thank you very much.

Scarlet Fever

macrumors 68040
Jul 22, 2005
Bookshop!
I don't know about making it a font, but it looks like its just a gradient with some light monochromatic noise on it and a bezel around the edge.

applemax

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 22, 2005
I don't know about making it a font, but it looks like its just a gradient with some light monochromatic noise on it and a bezel around the edge.

How do I do a gradient on text? Never done that before.

Scarlet Fever

macrumors 68040
Jul 22, 2005
Bookshop!
How do I do a gradient on text? Never done that before.

I'm assuming there is little change between CS3 and CS1 here.

Type the text in, and on the right where you have a list of layers, there should be a little f in a circle. Click this, and select Blending Options. Click on Gradient Overlay, then click the little gradient bar. For the colour on the left, I used R56, G62, B62, and for the one on the right, R142, G143, B145. It should be a linear gradient at 90 degrees.

You can do the emboss there as well. Have a play with it. I came up with this:

Attachments

• Picture 2.png
    Picture 2.png
    75.6 KB · Views: 107

applemax

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 22, 2005
I'm assuming there is little change between CS3 and CS1 here.

Type the text in, and on the right where you have a list of layers, there should be a little f in a circle. Click this, and select Blending Options. Click on Gradient Overlay, then click the little gradient bar. For the colour on the left, I used R56, G62, B62, and for the one on the right, R142, G143, B145. It should be a linear gradient at 90 degrees.

You can do the emboss there as well. Have a play with it. I came up with this:

Thanks for your help - I've done it now. Looks great!

monke

macrumors 65816
May 30, 2005
After reading this thread, I took an attempt at making it, and came up with this:

monke.png

I also duplicated the text, added Noise (5%, Uniform, Monochromatic) and changed it to 40% Opacity. Looks great! :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.