How can I reset my password???

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by microgiants, Jan 5, 2004.

1. microgiants macrumors newbie

Jan 3, 2004
    When will the pain end??? My G4 433mhz tower running 9.2.2 was given to me by a friend. Know that I'm networking all my computers together (thank you airport), I can't access any of my computers from the G4 433 becasue it's asking for a password I don't have. How can I reset this password. It's strange because I can access my G4 433 harddrive from an I mac running 10.3.2 that does not need the password, but from my G4 powerbook, I'ts asking for the same password. You people rock!!!! Please bail me out again!
  2. MacsRgr8 macrumors 604

Sep 8, 2002
    The Netherlands
    I assume you mean "File Sharing".

The password required to gain access to the files via File Sharing, is the same password used as the account on OS X.

Is this correct (?):

3 Macs.
    -G4 433 (466?) MHz, running Mac OS 9.2.2
    -iMac, running 10.3.2
    -G4 PowerBook, (assuming) running 10.3.2 (?)

G4 433 (466) probably has NO password filled in the Control Panel "File Sharing"

Both the Mac OS X Macs have a username and password, which is your log-on account.

So, accessing the G4 433 (466) does NOT require a password (but the same username as the other Macs).
    Accessing the other Macs require the same username, but ALSO a password... from the useraccount.

Hope this helps...
  3. Wes macrumors 68020

Jun 22, 2001
    I'm not sure I understand your question, but macsrgr8 gave a solution to 1 problem, but if you need to reset a password in Mac OS X, put in the install cd and boot off it (holding c) and when it loads to the point where it wants to reinstall Mac OS, go to the installer menu and choose reset password.