How can I run Windows on my PowerbookG4?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by SandersHokie, Oct 12, 2006.

1. SandersHokie macrumors 6502

Will Bootcamp work with that? I read you have to have an Intel-Chip for that to work. I have the PowerBook G4 Macintosh laptop.

If Bootcamp will not work, what can I download to get it to work. I basically want to play MVP Baseball 2005 for PC, since it is not out for Macintosh.

Thanks for the help!

2. SpankyPenzaanz macrumors 6502a

SpankyPenzaanz

your only option to even run windows is virtual pc if you can find it anywhere but it won't handle games and honestly its just plain terrible - go get a mac mini or a imac is your best solution

3. deputy_doofy macrumors 65816

deputy_doofy

Virtual PC... however, since that's x86 emulation from PPC (and a G4 at that), expect not to be able to play any games (except for some crappy 2D platform games AT BEST). Well... and Solitaire. And MS Pinball. :D

4. spencecb macrumors 6502a

spencecb

It is impossible to use Bootcamp with a PowerPC based Macintosh (which the G4 is).

You can use Virtual PC (a Microsoft application) that will allow you to run Windows within Mac OS X. This is a virtual atomosphere, which means everything is being emulated, so performance will not be as good as if Windows was installed on your Mac. Like I said, however, this is not possible with a PowerPC Mac.

5. SandersHokie thread starter macrumors 6502

hmmm...I wonder if Apple will do a trade-in?

6. bearbo macrumors 68000

bearbo

i can swear yesterday there's a person asked the idendical question at the same time (of yesterday)

7. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

You mean for an Intel Machine? Yeah... sure. I say buy MVP Baseball 2005 and a Nintendo Gamecube. Cause it there is no way you are going to get a trade in.

EDIT: Virtual PC is crap. It will absolutely not run MVP Baseball.

8. jalagl macrumors 6502a

jalagl

AFAIK, Virtual PC is your only option.

As for games, I played Heroes of Might and Magic III on Virtual PC when I switched and before I bought the native Mac version. It ran ok, but it is an old game that's not too demanding on the graphics card.

9. crees! macrumors 68000

crees!

I used (not anymore) VPC to test websites on my Powerbook G4. SLOW AS MOLASSES. That'll be one of the pluses when it comes time for me to purchase a new Mac, that I'll be able to test my sites and full blown Windows speed.