How can I save this Quicktime iPod ad from

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Project, Jan 28, 2006.

1. Project macrumors 68020

Aug 6, 2005
    I am putting together a Keynote presentation for a marketing assignment, for which I have chosen iPod. My assignment is comparing the marketing strategies of iPod in different countries. I will be comparing the UK and France.

One of the things I found was that Apples marketing plan is pretty much exactly the same throughout the world. Even the product is standardised, with iPod coming in a number of languages built in, obviously to save costs of localisation.

Anyways, I downloaded the French version of the Eminem iPod advert to check the differences and saw that just the address at the end differs to the UK's version, or any other version. I plan to play out both adverts and then highlight the difference in Keynote like this:

Now, the problem is I cant download the Eminem advert from the UK site! Its streamable, but doesnt even have the dropdown menu to save as Quicktime movie like you can do in EVERY other country. Anybody have this advert, or know of a way I can get it? I tried viewing the source too, but there is no reference to a .mov file. Its odd how its different on the UK website to the rest of the world.

The link to the ad is here, on the right of the screen:
  2. spinne1 macrumors 6502a

Mar 12, 2005
    Hermitage, TN USA (near Nashville)
    You can kind of get it from using the source page, but it is not a .mov file, it is a .qtl file (which I have never heard of before, but it seems to be a streamable form of a .qt file). Also, you can get the stream, but not really the original movie (or at least I cannot figure out how to do it). To get the movie from the streamable file, use a screen capture program that captures movies (it costs $69):

To download the streamable file so that you can play it using Quick Time Player, right click the following and download it:

As for free solutions, I'm not sure about them. Good luck.
  3. Project thread starter macrumors 68020

Aug 6, 2005