How can I Sync my iMac and iBook?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Cross, Aug 29, 2006.

1. Cross macrumors regular

Basically I tend to update files between the two and I want my User Folder to reflect when I update a file on one.

I have a basic home network setup for both with both also having wireless connection. I just would like to be able to push the Sync Buttona dn it will put files not found on both the iMac and iBook on both systems so they match.

Is there really a good way to do this because Sync.. well it just does not do a damn thing for me at all. :(

2. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

3. Cross thread starter macrumors regular

Searching for it now ^-^ Thanks! I will let you know how it goes for me. ;)

4. Electro Funk macrumors 65816

Electro Funk

5. Cross thread starter macrumors regular

I am using Sync with .Mac and it does not backup my pictures and move them nor my movies, nor my other files and folders. Thats what I need moved and backed up between the two because I update them as I come across them but that could be on either system at this point. All it does is my boookmarks which are in Safari and I use Firefox so again... no help. And then add up that therss only 1gig of space and well... my pictures could fill that a few times. My movies... now thats a whole new ball game.

Right now I am trying Chronosync it seems like just what I am looking for... we shall see.

6. ArthurS macrumors newbie