how can i transfer my photo albums to mac from iphone?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by raverminx, Feb 6, 2009.

1. macrumors newbie

hi guys n gals!
    i have a jailbroke iphone 2.2 3g iphone and a macbook. i have made some photo albums on my iphone (exported using itunes and iphoto) anyway my mac broke, and i had to get a new one.

now my problem is how do i transfer my photo albums from my iphone to my new mac? they are visible on my iphone in the albums, but i cant seem to transfer them back to the mac. they arent visable in itunes and imtoo pc transfer cant find them.
    i have tried ssh but cant find the folder they are in

can someone please help me!!!!

thanks

2. DPA
    macrumors 65816

DPA

Well, I am a little confused: The title of the thread says Mac to iPhone and in the thread you say iPhone to Mac. I think you want iPhone to Mac so I will explain that.

You have to connect you iPhone and open iPhoto. In iPhoto, your iPhone should show up as a device. You can select the photo(s) that you want and select Import Selected. If you want to import all, you can click Import All.

David

3. macrumors G4

Night Spring

That only works for pictures in the iPhone camera roll.

Pictures that were transferred to the iPhone from a computer by syncing through iTunes are stored in a compressed format in the mobile\Media\Photos directory. I don't know of a way to uncompress this file, and even if you could, the pictures would have been down-sized from the original.

The point is, don't think the iPhone or any iPod can act as a backup device for your media. Make real backups!

4. thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks, yeah thats what i thought:( only thing is my lappy died the day before my external hard drive arrived, so lost all my pics, music etc before i had chance to back it all up

5. DPA
    macrumors 65816

DPA

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5G77 Safari/525.20)

To get your media back you can click File>Transfer Purchases, in iTunes.

David

6. macrumors newbie

no you can't

That doesn't work for photos.