How can I transform a .avi file to a Video_TS file?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Julie :-), Apr 19, 2006.

1. Julie :-) macrumors newbie

I use Fast DVD copy and I have to use a Video_TS file to burn a DVD. I have a movie in a .avi format, does anyone know any ways to transform it to Video_TS?

Thanks!
    Julie :)

2. wmmk macrumors 68020

wmmk

if you had it in .mpg form (use handbrake to do that), just fire up movie, select mpg for format, drag in the mpg file as a clip, publish with idvd, download mac the ripper, rip from the dvd, and there you have it

this will take a L-O-N-G time, so be warned

3. galstaph macrumors 6502a

galstaph

Toast will do it if I recall,
    provided you have it.
    OR the other way is to import the avi in to imovie, rip the audio, convert to dv, drag to project timeline, burn dvd :)

4. neocell macrumors 65816

neocell

Toast will do it. Open it up. Click on the Video tab, on the slide out menu make sure DVD video is selected (if you're going to burn to a DVD, or select Video CD if that's your fancy), drag and drop your avi file into the main portion and let 'er rip. It'll probably take a while to compress (convert it to .VOB files, in a Video_TS folder) and then burn though, depending on how long of a movie it is.

Note: 911LooseChange2ndEdi is an avi

Attached Files:

5. m2uk macrumors regular

Not strictly the answer, but I've had some luck with IDVD3 burning .AVI files. I am sure they didn't work under IDVD2 and yet they worked now (tried for ****s and giggles one day).