Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

slapple

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 25, 2008
I'm running Mac OS X Lion 10.7.4 on a late 2011 MBP. I use a Logitech mouse with it, and rely on the Logitech Control Center software to configure the mouse speed/acceleration (I don't like the Mac OS X acceleration, guess I'm too used to Windows).

The problem is that every time I boot up and log in, the mouse pointer will be extremely slow for about a minute, because it takes a minute before Mac OS X loads the Logitech Control Center. Is there any way to get Mac OS X to load it earlier?

Taz Mangus

macrumors 604
Mar 10, 2011
I'm running Mac OS X Lion 10.7.4 on a late 2011 MBP. I use a Logitech mouse with it, and rely on the Logitech Control Center software to configure the mouse speed/acceleration (I don't like the Mac OS X acceleration, guess I'm too used to Windows).

The problem is that every time I boot up and log in, the mouse pointer will be extremely slow for about a minute, because it takes a minute before Mac OS X loads the Logitech Control Center. Is there any way to get Mac OS X to load it earlier?

Have you contacted Logitech to find out if they have a solution?

slapple

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 25, 2008
Have you contacted Logitech to find out if they have a solution?

I just discovered that the problem occurs because I have the "Reopen windows when logging back in" box checked when I restart. If I uncheck that box and then restart, then the Logitech Control Center loads almost immediately when I log in.

But it is still strange behavior for there to be about a one minute delay when I have the "Reopen windows when logging back in" box checked. For example I just did the following experiment:

I restarted with 6 Firefox windows open and Activity Monitor open and had checked the "Reopen windows..." box. Then when I logged back in, all 6 Firefox windows and the Activity Monitor finished loading in 10 seconds or less. However the Logitech Control Center still took about 1 full minute before it loaded. I was watching the processes in the Activity Monitor, and during that minute there was no activity at all while I waited for the Logitech Control Center to load, and then all of a sudden 7 different processes loaded at the same time (backgroundinstruments, warmd_agent, imagent, AirPort Base Station Agent, Logitech Control Center Daemon, EpsonLowInkReminderAgent, and iTunes Helper). So it's not just the Logitech Control Center that is delayed by one minute - it's some Apple processes as well. Why would those processes take a minute before they load, when the Firefox windows and Activity Monitor finished loading after just 10 seconds?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.