How can you retrieve old I.Explorer history?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Mandi, Feb 27, 2006.

1. Mandi macrumors newbie

Mandi

A few days ago I was looking at something on the web and now I can't remember how to find it, my history is only set for last 300 items, so would it be now in the Trash? In the trash I have lots of rescued items including many IE Cache files, would this give me the info I require? I have tried removing them from the trash but can't open them - anyone have any ideas?

thanx, Mandi

Mac G4, OS 9.2

:confused:

2. Shamus macrumors 6502a

Shamus

i hate it when u cant find a good site u were on a few days bak. happens to me all the time. I reckon the fact that you hav the IE caches in the trash is a good sign. Hav u tried right click->open with->other-> all applications->IE? thats all i can think of...but youve probably already tried that :). srry...not much help

3. Mandi thread starter macrumors newbie

Mandi

How can you retrieve old I.Explorer history?

Hi thanx for your reply. I don't have a right or left click just the whole mouse clicks. What is the L & R for? I have tried opening in Word, Simpletext, ect there must be a solution. You can buy programs to delete your history completely, so that means it's lurking somewhere I can't find, the cache in the bin was just an idea I had.