Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dswoodley

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 18, 2002
I have Mail.app configured to use on my Universitys Exchange server (sorry but Entourage is way too slow when it syncs, especially 2004) and I get mail ok, but I also miss a number of emails that I can only see when using webaccess (calendar requests, returned email, and more). Any ideas why this is the case? Must I use Entourage to get all of my mail?

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
dswoodley said:
I have Mail.app configured to use on my Universitys Exchange server (sorry but Entourage is way too slow when it syncs, especially 2004) and I get mail ok, but I also miss a number of emails that I can only see when using webaccess (calendar requests, returned email, and more). Any ideas why this is the case? Must I use Entourage to get all of my mail?
I have no idea why returned mail doesn't get through. My guess is that Mail doesn't understand the calendar requests, so it just filters them instead. As to what else doesn't get through: Mail can't handle receipts (as far as I know), and I can't give any other advice since I don't use Entourage or Exchange.

dswoodley

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 18, 2002
Yeah, i figured as much on the calendar events. It seems like Mail should be able to read them as messages at least, even if the calendar pieces might not be present in the message.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.