How come my Tiger hasn't shipped?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by jessearl, Apr 25, 2005.

1. jessearl macrumors member

I ordered Tiger the day it was released, and selected two day shipping.

It gives the date as on or before 4/28, but it hasn't shipped yet!

What's wrong?

2. DXoverDY macrumors 6502a

ok.. do the math.. today is 4/25... 2 day shipping.. that would mean getting it 4/27... it supposed to ship on or before 4/28... that's still within the range big guy. you're a whole 4 days early here.

3. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

Apple wants you to receive Tiger on the 29th. So, if you picked 2-day shipping then you should expect it to ship on the 27th (Wednesday).

4. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

Which seems to have been disregarded in a few cases as a startling number off people have already got theirs. (Lucky bastards!) :eek:

On a side note, I'm happy because this morning my pre-order switched from 'processing order' to 'preparing shipment'. I'd be thrilled to get mine even a day early as I'm moving this weekend and won't have much time to play with it after Friday evening. Though, I'm not getting my hopes up _just_ yet.

5. EANx macrumors member

My order status also changed to preparing to ship. I hope it actually does and soon. :D :D

6. Lincoln macrumors regular

Lincoln

My order is still "Open"

I also ordered mine on the day of release, but my order is still open which I think means "we have your order, but that's about it for now". I'm not sure where the Apple UK / Europe copies of Mac OSX ship from, I just hope that it's here on Friday. I have the day off too so that I wouldn't be distracted at work - also built quite a bit of flexi time :p

I have also pre-ordered Photoshop CS2 and I don't know when that ships either :confused:

May is going to be a good month - I just hope it isn't an anti-climax.

7. EANx macrumors member

Check your order status on the US site. The UK site is usually a little slow to update.

8. Lincoln macrumors regular

Lincoln

Thanks

Thanks for the suggestion EANx, however on the US site it says "Processing Order" still :(

I'll keep checking though.

P.S. The site was also useful for checking the actual status of my Sister's iMac G5 order too. ;)