How cool are you really (not another beer-thread)?!...

Discussion in 'Community' started by Bengt77, Jul 4, 2003.

1. Bengt77 macrumors 68000

Bengt77

Check the following post over at linenoise: pitchfork revisited. Very funny, do the test and see how (musically) hip and cool you really are.

:)

2. Stike macrumors 65816

Stike

Well, I guess I am somewhere in between 10.0 super-duper-cool (Radiohead: OK Compter) and 0.0 (no review available on Nobuo Uematsu).

So I guess I just suck :p :D

3. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I didn't find the Radiohead poll, only the rating score.

I did take the Favorite Core poll. My pick was Apple Core 23.76%, when I eat an apple it eat all of it except the stem. Waste not want not. The number one core was Hardcore with 29.08%.

4. shadowfax macrumors 603

shadowfax

i don't understand... does the place honesty expect me to match 200+ numbers and average them out--by going through my iTunes library and matching the albums i have with the ones they rate.... and then averaging them by hand/with a calculator? it doesn't matter what you end up rating, if you waste your tome im that, you're not cool at all. really. now if it asked about a number of albums and for you to rate them (or say you hadn't heard them) and then gave you a rating based on that, that would be cool. as it is, either i am missing something or this is kinda dumb...

5. medea macrumors 68030

medea

my thoughts exactly.

6. tazo macrumors 68040

tazo

i have like 400 songs on in my itunes library. i dont think there is more than like 5 per artisit; it would take me couple of hours. lol.

7. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says...Okay, I'll play wise-guy....If you need to prove you are cool based on somebody else's definition of what cool is, then you are not very....oh yeah!
    (my taste and mood changes so frequently...I'd get a different score on that every day!)
    ;)

8. Steradian macrumors 6502

Dude I didn't score well at, and almost all of the bands that i like were not on that list...I think that I recevied something like a 4.2 after soul coughing saved my bum...yeah I dunno I don't think I am cool, and I don't pretend to be...but this test should at least include music that is a bit more erm...underground...oy...

9. Groovsonic macrumors regular

I cannot tell you how much I dislike that web-site. Who appointed them "cool police"? Every thing I read on there was smug and condesending. Who decides what is "cool" anyway? So what if I occasionally like Bon Jovi? Or Elvis from his fat-jumpsuit-lounge era? WHO CARES??? I am so sick of elitists...

10. G4scott macrumors 68020

G4scott

I think I'm around 98.6° F, which is relatively cool compared to the heat energy of the universe...

As to my music, I don't need other people to tell me how cool I am based on what I listen to. That's like saying "you're not cool because you drink tap water", or "you're not cool because you breathe oxygen"

I listen to what I like, thank you.

11. FriarTuck macrumors 6502

FriarTuck

If Radiohead defines cool I'd rather be Adam Ant.

12. shadowfax macrumors 603

shadowfax