How could apple POSSIBLY make the iPhone any better?!

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by aPple nErd, Jan 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. macrumors 68020

aPple nErd

Feb 12, 2012
    Jailbreaks/IOS Hacks
    The 5 is a great device, so great that apple I think will have a hard time making it better, as far as design. The iPhone 4s' main feature was Siri, but what killer feature could be next?

What do you guys think?
  2. macrumors 6502a

Jul 1, 2009
    Siri=killer feature? Heck it doesn't even work half the times I tried to use it

Apple needs to fix their garbage services and focus on innovations in the software department

Why? Because iOS 6 is trash.
  3. macrumors 68040

Aug 8, 2008
    LTE advanced, NFC, bigger screen, FM radio, and stuff we don't even know we want yet. :)
  4. thread starter macrumors 68020

aPple nErd

Feb 12, 2012
    Jailbreaks/IOS Hacks
    Completely agree with u saying its 6 is trash! It was a mistake removing YouTube as a lot of people really like native YouTube support, and google maps was MUCH better than apple maps is.. I know these can be downloaded, but when they were native apps, they wet way nicer! Also passbook is a bunch of BULL *****!

And NFC is really not an awesome feature. Jus saying. Use bump or just pull out your wallet... ;) but the radio would be nice, as the iPod nano even has one! Bigger screen would be the best new feature. And LTE is already fast enough although now 5g is out so it will be interesting... :)
  5. macrumors Nehalem

Apr 16, 2008
    At the iPhone hacks section.
    Siri works great for me every time I tried using it.
    Doesn't work half the time and other bs some android fanboys post is just hate talk. ;)
  6. macrumors Core

Feb 9, 2008
    San Jose (CA)
    Better camera, better battery life, better cellular reception, lighter design, faster processor, more storage capacity; there are many things Apple would improve.

Also Siri doesn't work half the time I use it, though when it does work, it's quite nice.
  7. thread starter macrumors 68020

aPple nErd

Feb 12, 2012
    Jailbreaks/IOS Hacks
    Well I mean in major design and software, not things that you can't see without examining the phone and disassembling it...
  8. macrumors G4

Aug 31, 2011
    Phoenix, AZ USA
    Actual call blocking, instead of using DND with workarounds. A ring/silent switch that will acutally silence ALL and not just everything BUT alarms. For that matter, how about sound profiles?

Make the Clock app useful by actually making it display the real time. They fixed the Calendar app to show the date, they can do this.

More springboard/lock screen customization. I hate that I can't put an app icon anywhere I want except if I jailbreak. I've had a flip clock with weather on my lock screen and my first home screen, but I had to jailbreak to do it.

Ability to get to certain settings directly, like with SBSettings (jailbreak app).

True speed dial. Not what we have now from the app store.

Saving video taken by the phone into the actual Video app and not the Camera Roll. Real PITA to get the vids out of the camera roll, convert to MP4 and sync back, just to get them in to the video app.

Real Photo Albums, not albums that simply serve as pointers to the pics in the camera roll (yes, I am aware of the iTunes analogy and don't care for it).

Defaulting back to home. By that I mean when accessing an app after not having used it for a while you go right back to where you left off. If you were several levels deep in the Settings app for instance you have to go all the way back. I'd like to see it just default back to the top. Some people won't like that, so maybe a switch for it.

Ability to remove Newsstand. Ability to designate another browser as the system browser. Ability to use the iPhone as a hard disk, like with my Nano.

Ability to shut off ALL sounds (i.e annoying camera shutter sound and sent SMS/MMS/iMessage sound) without having to resort to the ring/silent switch.

System themes. Blue/gray is ok, but I'd love black/dark gray (like with Safari in private browsing mode) to go with my black iPhone!

Micro SD card functionality. Ability to encrypt SMS/MMS/iMessage (yeah, you can use an app, but this should be native).

All off the top of my head for the moment. Probably more. Note that I can do most of what I've just listed with my 4 year old HTC Touch Pro which my iPhone 5 replaced.
  9. macrumors member

Dec 12, 2012
    many ways make the iphone have no scratches out of the box, easily scratched, camera lens scratch out of the box.

Better people to make the iphone...
  10. macrumors member

Sep 24, 2012
    The camera one would be huge.
  11. macrumors 6502a

Jul 1, 2009
    Oh look it's that mentality again

If it works for you, great, but don't expect everyone to have the same experience.

I didn't know owning an iPhone 5 and an iPad 3 makes me a fandroid.

Honestly did apple give birth to you or something? Quit being so defensive.
  12. macrumors regular

Feb 11, 2011
    So I'm assuming you're willing to pay more, right?
  13. macrumors 6502a

Jul 1, 2009
    It's not like apple's profit margin on the iPhone isn't already sky high
  14. macrumors 6502a

Mar 29, 2011
    Orlando, Florida
    The entire premise is completely flawed: rather than ask what CAN they make better, the more apt question would be what CAN'T they make better.

And the answer to that is everything. From top to bottom on the iphone.

Next to the 4S the 5 feels like a plastic toy.
  15. macrumors 68020

Jan 14, 2008
    Bigger Screen would be the #1 possible improvement, not only would it be instantly noticeable it would increase functionality of the device.
  16. macrumors regular

Oct 30, 2012
    So you are saying the iPhone 5 is perfect.
  17. macrumors 6502a

Nov 20, 2009
    Are you saying that american people are better than chinese?
  18. macrumors 6502

Nov 20, 2012
    Sometimes more is less.

How about giving people free reign to REMOVE certain things. That in itself is a killer feature.

Such as being able to remove Newsstand, or use your own apps as "native" ones.

With very little effort they could improve the experience tenfold.
  19. macrumors regular

Oct 30, 2012
    He's saying the people making the iphone aren't doing a very good job. Slave labor usually isn't all that great.
  20. macrumors G3

Apple fanboy

Feb 21, 2012
    Behind the Lens, UK
    Bigger Memory. Faster processor. Not to assume every iPhone user is in the US.
  21. macrumors 601

Jan 23, 2002
    East Coast
    The first thing they should do is to have an integral web browser in the Stocks app. I hate having to go back to the home screen every time I happen to read a stock story from the stocks app.

Regarding the deal with Maps and You Tube apps. I very much prefer the iOS6 maps app compared to the iOS5 version. Turn-by-turn and vector tiles are great additions. Sure, the POI data is pretty crappy, but U typically find the addresses of places that I'm looking for, and the apple maps app does ok with addresses.

As for You Tube, the google app works very well. What we have now is better tgan what we had before. With the exception of iOS6 YouTube having ads.
  22. macrumors 68000

Dec 28, 2009
    I agree 100%.

I feel they should also move back to the 4/4S design. I loved that design. It felt very solid in the hand. Felt like a premium device. The 5 feels cheap, too light. Go ahead and laugh but I'd rather hold something that's firm and solid than a feather.

Here's a hopin they restore the 4S form factor with the iPHONE 6 and a larger screen, like 4.3".
  23. macrumors 68040

May 10, 2010
    Still I would love to see NFC in the device .
    A bit wider screen; not too wide.

There was once stories about haptic displays; still waiting for that.
  24. macrumors 601

Dec 18, 2012
    Charlotte, NC
    Slave labor makes just about all of our electronics.
  25. macrumors member

Jan 3, 2013
    Or in Samsung's case slave child labor
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.