How did Bush sneak into Iraq, you ask?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Flowbee, Nov 27, 2003.

1. Flowbee macrumors 68030

Flowbee

I've removed the original post due to this thread being moved to the Political forums.

I have no interest in contributing to the "political debates" that go on here.

2. krossfyter macrumors 601

krossfyter

3. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I for one am very happy that President Bush traveled to Baghdad. I'm sure that it was not easy to convince the Secret Service. This was a great thing for our very deserving troops. What a great thing to eat a meal with the commander-in-chief.

Our local NBC news station broke into a brocast to make the announcement. It wass after Air Force One had departed Iraq air space.

4. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Yes, anytime Harvey Firestein is in drag on network television has got to be a big distraction to terrorists.

They kept saying he was coming right up, and not to go anywhere. Then as soon as he starts his song they go away for a special news break. :(

5. Drifter macrumors newbie

Ten bucks says the Left calls this a political stunt by noon tomorrow.
    Yet Clinton went to Kosovo.
    "But he had a heart"
    Clinton was a fat fool who has sex at forty and gives away nuclear secrets. He also has a thing for Buddhist Temples.

6. Flowbee thread starter macrumors 68030

Flowbee

Once again, this is not the forum for political debate. I was only pointing out the humorous juxtaposition of a headline and photo.

7. candan9019 macrumors regular

Some people take any chance they get to bash Clinton and promote there side. Like what was said this is humourous not political.
    Odd mistake though.

8. Sunrunner macrumors 6502a

Sunrunner

Funny picture, politics aside.... Drifter has the right idea though...;)

9. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I wanted to post pictures and the real story. It brought tears of pride to read this. Being former military, can just imagine how much this meant to the troops. Bush 41 was not even told about the trip. Laura just found out this week. Reporters were sworn to secrecy, if it had leaked Air Force One would have turned around. This makes me so proud, I know that it make me unusual.

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/news/2668811/detail.html

10. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

glurge glurge glurge, he said not to get political. the headline with the photo was funny, leave it at that.

pnw

11. Wardofsky macrumors 65816

Boost morale?
    In that outfit?

:D You gotta love wrong pictures...

12. G4scott macrumors 68020

G4scott

The secrecy of this trip was amazing. You can read a whole timeline here.

Although this trip will probably bring up tons of conspiracy theories, I think it was the right thing to do. The President can't just fly into Baghdad with everyone knowing he's coming.

The disguise obviously worked...

13. ColoJohnBoy macrumors 65816

ColoJohnBoy

Dude, be proud. I also think it's great he went there. I hope my father had the opportunity to meet him while he was.

But as many others have said, keep it where it belongs. If we want politics, we'll go to the political forums.

14. Stelliform macrumors 68000

Stelliform

I have created a thread in the political forum to discuss the political aspects of his trip.

Here's the thread!

I personally don't take offense and wdlove's post. I do think that other posters violated the spirit of the thread.

15. wwworry macrumors regular

It's amazing that Bush, who was AWOL and a drunk driver, and took tons of money from Enron in exchange for energy policy recommendations (what did the Buddhists get?) and purposefully nixed a year of post war planning for Iraq that could have saved soldiers lives is admired by anyone.

16. topicolo macrumors 68000

topicolo

Don't forget the "policies" that were put into place in Florida during the last election that disqualified 1/3rd of all black americans, who mostly vote democrat, from voting.

17. Wardofsky macrumors 65816

Re: How did Bush sneak into Iraq, you ask?

Hey I kept it to the humour :D