Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

beige matchbox

macrumors 6502a
Mar 16, 2005
Oxfordshire, UK
You can turn that on on the mac too, with tinker tool :)

Like so -

Attachments

• finder_quit.jpg
    finder_quit.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 165

acedickson

macrumors 6502a
Dec 6, 2004
ATL
beige matchbox said:
I'm thinking it's a Windows box, the buttons on the top right, and the address saying D: both indicate this

I don't think it's a windows box. The dock has an Adium icon in it. I don't think there's Adium for a windows box.

Cooknn

macrumors 68020
Aug 23, 2003
Fort Myers, FL
beige matchbox said:
I'm thinking it's a Windows box, the buttons on the top right, and the address saying D: both indicate this
Whoa. That is the best fake OS X I've ever seen :eek: Too bad beneath it all they still have DOS. UNIX Rocks :p

GodBless

macrumors 65816
Jan 22, 2005
This GUI theme is one of the most custom I've ever seen. It looks like he is using FireFox as you can see in the browser title but the browser features look like they came from Safari.

Something that is really strange is that one of the windows has the close, minimize and zoom buttons on the right-hand side where as the other two have the buttons on the left-hand side.

I have seen many different types of custom docks so there is nothing new here.

Many of the GUI aspects contradict both what Windows and OS X offer by default so I would assume that it could be Photoshopped. It is just a screenshot you know. There is no moving images that tell us this is a real theme.

It looks like an enhanced OS X.

Software titles that he could have used if he is running OS X are the following:
- ShapeShifter
- TinkerTool
- Konfabulator (which you can see in the Menu Bar)
- (Some kind of dock enhancement program)

munkle

macrumors 68030
Aug 7, 2004
On a jet plane
acedickson said:
I don't think it's a windows box. The dock has an Adium icon in it. I don't think there's Adium for a windows box.

Just because the icon shows Adium doesn't mean it is Adium...much like the Apple icon on the top left of the screenshot doesn't necessarily mean it's OSX!

Phazer80s

macrumors regular
Jul 25, 2002
Above the 49th

acedickson

macrumors 6502a
Dec 6, 2004
ATL
munkle said:
Just because the icon shows Adium doesn't mean it is Adium...much like the Apple icon on the top left of the screenshot doesn't necessarily mean it's OSX!

Understandable, seems like alot of work for no reason, lol.

cleanup

macrumors 68030
Jun 26, 2005
Toronto
I used to be a Windows user that emulated OSX. Ask me anything. That is Windows. He's using ObjectBar for the menubar, Safarifox for the Safari clone, and Styler and FinderBar for the Finder clone. If he used a program called WindowBlinds he would have left-sided glyphs. He's also using Konfabulator with the following widgets: Widescape Weather, Timezonabulator, iTunes Companion/Sputnik.

The lone window with the left sided glyphs has left sided glyphs because it's a modded Trillian skin. He's also using AveDesk for the Mac OS X-like desktop icons.

See? Ask me anything. :)

For more information on poor Windows people emulating Mac OS X as I used to, visit http://www.aqua-soft.org.

[Edit]: He's also using either YzShadow or WindowFX for the window shadows. :p

Suspended
Jun 22, 2001
Plymouthbreezer said:
Just wondering, what happens when you quit Finder?

Desktop icons go away, background image/dock remain, that's about it; and you can't open finder windows obviously.

Ti_Poussin

macrumors regular
May 6, 2005
It's no Windows box, it's OSX with a different theme. I made this too, I got tire of Aqua and it's white interface, I prefer dark interface.

Tool:
-Shapeshifter (change theme apparence, icon set)
-Thinkertool or Clix(enable the quit in the finder, or use the terminal with this command to enable it: defaults write com.apple.finder QuitMenuItem -boolean true;killall Finder
to turn it off is this command: defaults delete com.apple.finder QuitMenuItem;killall Finder
-few freeware to make transparent dock help too

I personnaly enjoy the Shinoby theme. Make a little search of this in google: "osx theme -XP" to get real osx theme, not XP skin. You should found some nasty one ;)

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
Orlando Furioso said:
oh damn. if there is confusion about this, i cannot imagine the kinds of identity issues the mac x86s will bring. :rolleyes:

i fail to see why that will change anything myself

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.