How did you discover Macrumors?

Discussion in 'Community' started by vniow, Sep 22, 2002.

1. vniow macrumors G4

Just wondering how the rest of you found out about this site.
    I was looking at Cube-zone and saw that new Powermac pic, which then led to Macboudille, and then found a link to here where I came up on a discussion about it and a PDF. I liked the community so I stuck around and eventually posted. Now I'm the whiplash queen!:p

2. SilvorX macrumors 68000

SilvorX

hmm i can remember one of my friends telling me bout a site that has to do with rumors about macs n i wanted to check it out, n ive been here ever since :p lol

3. Over Achiever macrumors 68000

Over Achiever

I stumbled onto this site. I still dunno how I got here, or why I'm still posting here. Well, I do know why I'm still posting here. And I can guess how I got here.

I think I did a google search and got something on MacOSRumors. Then I tried to go back to MacOSRumors, and for got the OS. I ended up here, and this is the one site I like.

Why am I still here? I don't own a mac yet...hopefully the tibooks will be updated soon so I can own one...

4. Stike macrumors 65816

Stike

I was just looking for some rumor site, so I clicked the line in my browser and typed macrumors.com - and it was a hit! And so I am stuck here like glue. Ive even made it my "Home"-Site in Chimera!

5. JupiterZen macrumors regular

Re: How did you discover Macrumors?

A year ago I was searching for upcoming macstuff, because I was waiting to buy something to replace my old G3 upgraded Powermac 7500.

A Google-search on "mac" and "rumors" got me some results, including this one. Been reading the news and some diccusions ever since. But only started posting a month ago or some thing.

:cool:

6. medea macrumors 68030

medea

Hmmmm, I havn't been to this "macrumors" site yet, but it sounds like something I'll have to check out real soon...........
    Actually I don't remember how I fumbled across the site anymore, I suppose I was searching for Apple releated stuff at the time.

-richard
    www.osx.has.it

7. King Cobra macrumors 603

A long while back (early-mid 2001 I guess) I was randomly typing in websites of possible Mac news sites, since MacOSRumors made me become really uneasy with their server issues and such. Eventually I typed in this website, and started visiting the site more often. Although the presence of spikey seemed rather inferior for the forums, I saw that he eventually got his YKW banned. I became more acquainted with the site as a lurker and joined.

8. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

my bro told me about it

i checked it out every once in a while for some time

i had a question once, asked it

then a few weeks/months later i started posting regularly.

9. Shrek macrumors 65816

Shrek

Well, one thing led to another. First I saw the Apple switch ads, then I decided to go online and look for more information, and then I still had some questions about Macs. I like message board sites and was already familiar with vBulletin, so I did a Google search on vBulletin and Macs. I got some results and I started looking through them; I found this site to be the best overall. The rest is history! ;)

10. Shrek macrumors 65816

Shrek

One more post after this and I'll be at 500!

* Shouts "Woohoo baby! It's avatar time! *

:D

11. topicolo macrumors 68000

topicolo

congrats shrek! now you can join us oldtimers... ;)

I found macrumors while typing random strings of characters into my URL box one boring day. I guess I got lucky.

12. King Cobra macrumors 603

You're that desperate to get in that ugly mug of yours, huh? :rolleyes: :D

>now you can join us oldtimers... ;)

You mean Seniors? I'm already having moments the year before I enter college... :p

13. mc68k macrumors 68000

mc68k

Through my boss. He's one of the big-time posters here.

14. G5orbust macrumors 65816

G5orbust

My friend told me. He showed me during class at skool. It was actually jounralism class, which has one of the fastest computer labs in our whole skool (indigo 600 Mhz imacs). We used to just check it out, then i started to post and got hooked. Now 390 posts later, here i am.

15. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Really? Who's that?

I don't remember exactly it was a little over a year ago for me and I think I was trying to find out what was going on with the G5 at the time. Came across this site and, well, you know.....

D :D

16. buffsldr macrumors 6502a

buffsldr

17. mc68k macrumors 68000

mc68k

Rower_CPU. He's a lot more active here than I am. We're always talking about MR. He joined first and got me into it. I found my niche here with old macs and general tech help.

18. sparkleytone macrumors 68020

sparkleytone

heh, i was doing google searches about future macs on my pc. i had become a little fanboy looking for all i could get. then i stumbled across this site and ive been here ever since. :D

the reason i never posted at places like thinksecret were because everyone else's forums basically suck compared to MR when it comes to organization, community, and lack of ads.

19. big macrumors 65816

big

don't know, just know I'm here...kinda like life...
    and glad to be part of it.

WIsh I had some of you's guys post count, though it doesn't matter much

20. mc68k macrumors 68000

mc68k

Some boards don't have a prominent post count, and the members hardly every speak of it. It's more of an issue here because it appears with every post.

Post count can say a lot about someone, or nothing at all. It all depends on the poster and the conetent of each post. The only definite thing that can be construed from the post count total is the time spent here.

The bulk of most people's post counts is just filler or something unrelated to computers. Just look at the forum post distributions.

21. big macrumors 65816

big

I fully agree about the filler, I see a lot of that

22. big macrumors 65816

big

23. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

It's funny how many times we've brought that up...:p

I first registered almost a year ago...when I was checking out the PowerBooks.

I didn't get very active until Jan/Fen of this year...seems so long ago now. ;)

24. encephalon macrumors member

Just passing the time one day, and I guessed www.macrumors.com and found myself here. I liked what I saw. So I lurked around for a few months. Registered. Here I am still just lurking around :rolleyes: :rolleyes: At this rate I will be at 500 posts in about 15 and a half years :p

25. JamesDP macrumors member

I was reading a thread at MacNN about rumor sites and they mentioned Think Secret, MacOS Rumors and Mac Rumors. Think Secret's forum looks cool, but it's pretty slow, and MacOS Rumors didn't work when I tried it. Came here, had to register to check out the forum, and figured if I'm already registered I might as well post some, and now this has become my #2 hangout (www.mikeportnoy.com being #1), especially since I bought an iBook.

Too bad you gotta have 500 posts to get the avatar action going, because I've never had 500 posts on any of the forums I hang out at. Oh well.