How did you find out about MacRumors?

Discussion in 'Community' started by Macmaniac, Jun 27, 2002.

1. Macmaniac macrumors 68040

Macmaniac

There are so many people on this site but we wonder how they got here! So tell us how you found out about MacRumors.com. I discovered this site when I was listening to the CompuDudes on NPR, they metioned MacRumors during one of their conversations about new hardware from Apple, so thats how I found out about Macrumors.
    Tell us your story!:cool: :D ;)

2. coolocity macrumors regular

How I found out.

A couple months ago I just started looking into getting a mac, one of the new iMacs. A friend of mine who's big on macs was telling me about MWNY, and how they release new things and such, but you don't really know till it happens. Then he said on the internet some people post predictions yatta yatta. So I figure that the simplest domain to have rumors about MWNY.. macrumors.com! Typed it in, and here it is. Three days later, I'm still around. Yay!

3. McFreggle macrumors 6502

McFreggle

Mac[OS]Rumors

I accidentally typed the URL when I was going to surf to 'macosrumors.com' :D

Since then, I didn't visit MacOSrumors much anymore...

k.

4. iGav macrumors G3

I can't actually remember how or when I stumbled onto MR...... I think it was sometime last year....... then at the start of this year, when I was freelancing and I had spare time to kill I joined.......

I liked what people had to say.... and decided it was the best of the Mac rumour sites....... and here I intend to stay....... :)

5. King Cobra macrumors 603

I think this was brought about earlier.

But to get another post in I was typing in random sites for information on Apple products. Eventually I typed in a website of one community with intelligent conversations and moderators, including one, who started the avatar contest.

I think you which site I am talking about. :cool:

6. coolocity macrumors regular

Hehe, seeing how you spelled rumour correctly, I thought that maybe there would be a macrumours.com - so I typed it in.

It was really scary, pops up with one of those 'site is under development - but in the mean time why don't you check out one of these billion links' type things. Then a whole bunch of pop-ups came up, and THEN it asked me if I want to set my homepage to munky.com. I said no. :rolleyes:

Feels good to be back at macrumors.com - much better :D

- John

7. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

I think I was searching for rumor info on the upcoming PowerBook G4 right before MWSF last year. I did a google search, came upon the site. I registered...

the rest is history... ;)

8. iGav macrumors G3

Heh heh... you should get a beer and chill for 5 while you recover..... :p

9. 3rdpath macrumors 68000

3rdpath

2nd star on the right and straight till morning
    i did a google search for G5 around december of '01.

got sucked into the gravitational field and haven't left since.....

i think my wife misses me...every once in a while she walks thru the room and says" so what are you talking about now?":)

10. iGav macrumors G3

Actually that sounds very familar..... I think that's how I found MR........ either that or it was the PowerBook G4 in Google that directed me here......

11. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

he he he...funny :D

12. blackpeter macrumors 6502a

An employee at the Apple Store, VA told me he was waiting until MWSF ('02) to get his new Mac because he had heard that the G5's were comming out then. :p

13. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

well, I was a frequent member of MacAddict, and then started surfing for Mac Sites. A guy that I worked with at Apple told me about MacRumors. It was young, but he said he liked it. Checked it out, lurked for a long time, and then one day GoCyrus said something, and that was it. Here I am now.

wow, how time flies.

14. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

I had found a link to AppleInsider once and was impressed by the depth of their articles. I decided to seek more and MOSR and Appleturns. Eventually while I was doing a search I just stumbled across Macrumors.

15. drastik macrumors 6502a

drastik

I think I just typed in the URl, looking for something interesting, or may be I was searching for a Pismo upgrade (hehe...now I'm getting one!!)

16. Royal Pineapple macrumors 65816

Royal Pineapple

Re: Mac[OS]Rumors

thats exactally wht happened to me, and i havent left, to this day:D

17. G4scott macrumors 68020

G4scott

I was originally a MacAddict forums fan, but I started searching around for something better. At MacAddict, they're a bunch of silly people complaining. So, I stumbled onto MacRumors somehow... I'm glad I did...

18. mr.w macrumors regular

well, honestly... I found out about macOSrumors in a MacAddict a while back. visited that site for a while, then one day mistakenley just typed macrumors.com into my browser, not macOSrumors... and stumbled upon this site. 15 minutes later i vowed never to return to macOSrumors again.

hey arn, you should put me in a macrumors real people add or something :)

19. mr.w macrumors regular

Re: Mac[OS]Rumors

whell what do you know, i guess im not the only one.

20. Wes macrumors 68020

Wes

I think I found the site when I saw my older brother here once and being an annoying sibling I had to look it up and haven't looked back. The funny thing is my sad post number compared to almost anybodys. But as soon as I have dsl don't worry W-_-W will post more.