How difficult would it be to replace harddrive on MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by tolive, Jan 29, 2007.

1. tolive macrumors member

Just got a MBP C2D 15", thinking about replacing harddrive with a 7200RPM one, can someone who had the experience tell me, how difficult it would be to replace harddrive on MBP? or is there any detailed instruction? (I searched first but no luck:()

2. tolive thread starter macrumors member

3. MACDRIVE macrumors 68000

MACDRIVE

You might as well start printing out those pages, because you can't view them while taking the MBP apart; unless you have another computer. :)

4. interlaced macrumors 6502a

interlaced

livingfortoday, best suggestion. I've used that site to take apart my old iBooks and Powerbooks. A tip is to definitely print out that screw guide and put each screw in each little box so you know where it came from. :p

5. tolive thread starter macrumors member

Thanks guys! I just bought a brand new Seagate Momentus 5400.3 160GB (model #: ST9160821AS) off Ebay at $110, the price is much cheaper than NewEgg's price of $165, so I really couldn't stop pulling the trigger earlier.:)

This HD got really good review at Tom's Hardware: http://www23.tomshardware.com/storage25.html

Don't worry, I have another 3 Windows PCs at home, I can point to the instruction page on my 40" LCD:)