How do I add 2 displays??

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by cloud, Jul 4, 2002.

1. cloud macrumors member

I have a Powermac G4 Quicksilver with 733Mhz. I have a 15" flat screen and a 17" CRT. I think it has a GeForce 3 card inside. How do I connect 2 displays?? I was told by an employee at CompUSA that I CANNOT use the DVI to AGP Adapter to connect a 2nd display. Do I have to buy another card? If so, must it be the exact same kind (GeForce 3)? Or can I get another kind and still view them both?? Please help!!! Thanks guys. I'm new to your forum. It's awesome.

cloud

2. menoinjun macrumors 6502a

menoinjun

The video card that you have will not support dual displays. You either have to buy a new ATI 7500 or 8500, or an nVidia GeForce4mx or Ti. You could also just buy a pci version of those cards for your pci slot, and use the second monitor through there.

-Pete

3. firewire2001 macrumors 6502a

i would be thoroughly against running 2 monitors on one card... plus its more expensive to buy a new AGP card for two monitors..

if i were you id keep my existing card thats in my tower and just buy a new PCI card -- plus there is a much larger range of PCI cards that support one monitor than AGP cards that support two...

good luck!

4. firewire2001 macrumors 6502a

you dont have to buy a card of the same type -- you dont have to buy a geforce 3.... you can buy any mac compatible PCI card..