Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CubaTBird

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 18, 2004
I tried looking in the settings but can't quite understand how to do it. :confused:

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
you're all forgetting that if you win the 1,000,000 post avatar contest you can get a 'tar even if you don't have 500 posts.

D

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
Mr. Anderson said:
you're all forgetting that if you win the 1,000,000 post avatar contest you can get a 'tar even if you don't have 500 posts.

D
lol, so all you have to do is beat everyone else in a 'tar making contest, and one can be yours!

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
edesignuk said:
lol, so all you have to do is beat everyone else in a 'tar making contest, and one can be yours!

there are 3 chances to win....and if you don't enter you don't even have a chance.

D :D

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
edesignuk said:
I couldn't possibly say, I'd loose my edge :D
All we know is that you've got quite few of them handy.... one minute from initial post to yours with that image.

:)

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
jsw said:
All we know is that you've got quite few of them handy.... one minute from initial post to yours with that image.

:)
Well, I would have just responed with a link to the FAQ, but I thought that this way was a little more interesting, and yes, I did have the image on hand, just waiting for such a moment ;) :D

Jalexster

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2004
What about becoming a demi-god? Will that allow you to have an avatar? It should. Someone who pays money to improve MacRumors, deserves an avatar.
As an example; edesignuk deserves an avatar for two reasons:
1. Because he is a demi-god, he must of made a donation. There are good people left in the world.
2. Because he sets his avatar to Keira Knightly, and posts links to high-resoloution pictures of her. There are ****ing BRILLIANT people in the world. I bow to you.

Right, now I plan to do the same. I'm going to make a donation, and set my avatar to Keira Knightly, and give credit to edesignuk in my sig. Is this ok with you? And the more people clicking her the better. Shame there is no way to make money off it by using click-through ads.

BakedBeans

macrumors 68040
May 6, 2004
What's Your Favorite Posish
jal...i thing edesign got his demi-god for helping with the site? i think anyway.... and why do you want to pay homage to him in you 'tar?? little bit...um gay dont you think??? plus you CANNOT inflate his ego anymore ;)

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
You don't get a 'tar when you become a demi. I got mine just like everyone else, 500+ posts for the 'tar, and a $20 contribution for the demi title/private access.

noahsnyc

macrumors regular
Sep 27, 2003
Los Angeles
Demi-God?

Couldn't find the "Demi-God" chapter in the F.A.Q...Not for lack of trying.

What exactly is a Demi-God and what's the donation info?

Thanks.
N.

Jalexster

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2004
Demi-gods don't get an Avatar automaticaly?

Damn, oh well, I'll just get to 500-posts. When I get there, can I put a pic of Keria Knightly up though? With credit to edesignuk? Or not? Depending on other opinions?

Or maybe I should just have a pic of the Microsoft logo burning... Actully, I think I'll go with that.

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
Jalexster said:
Demi-gods don't get an Avatar automaticaly?
Nope.
Damn, oh well, I'll just get to 500-posts. When I get there, can I put a pic of Keria Knightly up though? With credit to edesignuk? Or not? Depending on other opinions?
You can do as you please, it's a fee world!
Or maybe I should just have a pic of the Microsoft logo burning... Actully, I think I'll go with that.
It would be good to have something different, everyone can't have Keira, just like in real life, she's taken :D :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.