how do I auto-run with PB? in WOW

Discussion in 'Games' started by ministerd, Dec 31, 2004.

1. ministerd macrumors newbie

with the mouse, there is that extra button, and then it runs by itself,
    now the manual says to use the num-lock, but if I use the num-lock on my powerbook, then I can't use the keyboard at all, and it still doesn't auto-run... any ideas???

-ministerD

oh by the way, it runs great on my 12" PB.. just laggy in Ironforge...

2. raiderz182 macrumors regular

set it to a different button in your configuration

3. Quobobo macrumors member

Get a decent mouse or change the button. I also think it's actually set to Clear by default, so you have to hit number lock and then clear on a Powerbook.

4. Munntendo macrumors newbie

Forgive me for taking this somewhat off-topic. You see, I also have a 12" powerbook and I am planning on getting into the WoW scene. MinisterD, you mentioned that WoW ran just fine on your own Powerbook and it is probably the first instance that I've seen of someone actually running the game "well" on such a setup. I am curious as to exactly what the specs are on your laptop and how you have adjusted the graphical settings in WoW.

From what I've read in the technical support forums, the Go5200 card that comes standard in the 12" Powerbooks and the newer iMacs does not play well with the game, but this post does give hope to my cause.

5. Munntendo macrumors newbie

^ Disregard

Good grief, I should know better. But leave it to me to register so I can ask one question without even thinking to make a thorough search for a relevant topic.

I apologize.