Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

daffydude1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 22, 2015
HI,

I have my phone set to optimize storage through iCloud. I understand that all my photos are backed up to iCloud but after seeing some other posts about them not being full resolution when re downloading them, I want to have a backup on my computer as well.

my question is when does the phone convert the full resolution pictures to the optimized? Is this immediate to the point where I can't plug in and backup the full resolution photos? I also use the Amazon photo backup app, which I cannot tell if it's backing up the full resolution photos or not. Should I stay away from using iCloud if I want a full resolution offline backup? Thank you

Mokell

macrumors newbie
Aug 25, 2015
I think you can copy and paste your photos from camera roll on your iPhone to your computer easily.
Connect your iPhone to your computer, I think you need to unlock your screen. Go to the computer and you will find a folder for your iPhone. You can find all the photos and videos in your camera roll here.
You can easily copy and paste them to your computer. Or you can directly "Ctrl + X" and "Ctrl + V". All the photos will save on your computer as you like.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.