How Do I Burn A Torrent To A Dvd??? (not Illegal)

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by jayeskreezy, Nov 30, 2005.

1. jayeskreezy macrumors 65816

I have some things that I have in .avi files downloaded from torrents and I wanted to create a dvd with chapters of the content. Is that possible? If so what programs do I need to use? Are there any forums or links that I can go to that would give me more info on this topic? These arent movies or illegal downloads, but I'd like to create a project. Thanks!

2. liketom macrumors 601

liketom

err iDVD or even Toast

what avi's do you have that are not illegal?:rolleyes:

3. jayeskreezy thread starter macrumors 65816

my question is what format do I need to put them in in order to burn them to a dvd? I want it to function like an actual dvd i.e. chapters, menu, etc. I also want it to play like a regular dvd in any player with or without divx. Is that possible? If not what do I need to convert it to?

4. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

As liketom suggested, use Toast 7. Makes menus, converts most formats and makes standard DVDs. :)

5. liketom macrumors 601

liketom

they need to be in Mpeg 2 format for DVD - so if you import your LEGAL Avi's into say iMovie then export out to iDVD then that will work ....OR Toast i think will let you add Avi's for burning to DVD

Hope this help you

6. jayeskreezy thread starter macrumors 65816

hmmm...thanks yall...Liketom you're funny...anyway, commercials are legal .avi's ...now I've always found toast VERY difficult to use....is toast 7 the only one that will do it or can I use toast 6 titanium?

also if I add the .avi's into toast does it already need to be in mpeg2 format or will it automatically do it when it's burning it to a dvd?